I Need A Recipe For Icing!!!

Decorating By kumphrey Updated 8 Jun 2007 , 3:05am by prterrell

kumphrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kumphrey Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 5

I am new at all of this. and I want to start a cake decorating buisness. I have been using the wilton white icing, which works well but I want something that is going to taste a little better. I'm looking for a recipe for an icing that is light and fluffy, but still can be piped onto a cake...any help will be appreciated!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:11am
post #2 of 5

Welcome to Cake Central. there are several threads in the cake decorating business section that address if/how it is legal to sell home baked goods. It is not permitted in several states. Many decorators work quietly, taking the risk of being reported or caught and the fines that may apply.

As for icing, I am a fan of the whipped cream buttercream in the recipe section. Much lighter than the Wilton recipe.

LeslieM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeslieM Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

I use the Buttercream dream icing. It's in the recipe section. It is absolutely amazing. Welcome to Cakecentral!! icon_biggrin.gif

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:12am
post #4 of 5

I posted my recipe for High Humidity Buttercream. It tastes great and it will not "melt" like regular buttercream. For a varity of flavors you can replace the milk with flavored coffee creamer.

Val

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 3:05am
post #5 of 5

I have 2 different meringue buttercreams posted in the recipe section. Please note that the one that calls for 1 stick of Crisco should say 1 cup in parenthesis, not 2 cups.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%