Does Anyone Here Do Mousse Fillings?

Decorating By Lenette Updated 22 Jul 2006 , 5:40pm by donnajf

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 8

I thought I could do that with whipped cream and fruit purees. I am concerned about how stable it will be (don't want cakes falling) as well as food safety. If anyone has any input I appreciate it.

7 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 8

I don't know but I'm giving you a bump, I want to know too!1 icon_razz.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 12:21am
post #3 of 8

I use Pastry Pride. It's a non dairy but comes in the refriderated case at the store. ( I find it a Smart and Final) It's liquid like heavy cream and is meant to be whipped. It comes in vanilla and chocolate and it tastes really great. I add fruit puree or filling to the vanilla to make strawberry or raspberry mousse. It does not have to go in the fridge once it's in the cake.

Hope you can find it near you.
KimAZ

ZM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZM Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 12:34am
post #4 of 8

I've made fruit mousse filling with cream and puree. I followed a mousse recipe. The stabilizer was lots of egg yolks. While cooking it over a double boiler it took a long time, but was well worth it in the end. The most recent one I did was a passionfruit mousse for a wedding cake. I got the recipe from the website of the company that makes the puree.

Had to go look . . . the brand was "The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley". And as I said I used the recipe using Passion Fruit Puree. With that particular cake I used a whipped cream cheese frosting and put a little extra of that in with the filling when I assembled the cake. Sorry this ended up kind of long. There's lots of recipes using fruit purees on their website. Good luck.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 1:07am
post #5 of 8

Thank you! I guess all I can do is try it and see how it holds up. Looking up those purees now... icon_smile.gif

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 8

there is a recipe onsite for mousse fillings. I use black rasberry mousse all of the time. I have one customer who only orders this filling with her cakes.

It's just whipped cream, cream cheese and seedless preserves.

hope this is what your looking for.
b

btw.. it's extremly stable.

LetThemEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThemEatCake Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 8

It's not really a mousse but comes out with a great mousse like texture.

I got this recipe off this site about 8 or 9 months ago from a lady who worked at Cosco.

1 Cup Cream
1 Cup Milk
1 lg package of whatever flavor filling you'd like

Mix together to desired consistency.

I've made several different flavors and it always turns out great.

I'd imagine that you can use vanilla pudding and add seedless preserves for a fruity flavor.

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 8

Lenette

You can diffinately use whipped cream as a base with fruit couli ( thickened fruit juice) Make sure to USE GELATIN to stablize your whipped cream.

You can use egg yolks but that must be mixed with corn starch. That approach is more involved and different from the wc base.

If you want more info you can pm me & I will be happy to share what I do
(all from scratch) with you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%