Basketweave 2 Colors??

Decorating By Regan Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 7:58pm by Regan

Regan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Regan Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to do a cake tonight and the bottom is gonna be the basketweave only I want to use 2 colors so my question is do I just alternate the 2 colors after another? For example do my first horizontal line with 3 verticals coming from it, then my next set I switch colors and alternate that way? I have never done 2 colors before but have seen pictures and it looks very cool.
Thanks for any help.

4 replies
MiaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MiaT Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 5

I've seen it done with the verticals in one color and the horizontals in the second color and that looks pretty cute.

lildutch10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildutch10 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 5

I've done a couple multi-color basketweave! Check out my picture section. For example: i used purple and white. so for all the lines going horizontal i used white and for each vertical line i used purple. it's alot easier than it looks! i think it looks awesome!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 5

I would do the up-and down lines (vertical) in one color and the side-to-side lines (horizontal) a different color.

Regan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Regan Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 5

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much! I'm glad I asked cuz the way I was thinking of doing probably would have looked a little funny...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%