Imbc Help Urgent

Decorating By kalatzp Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 5:18am by kalatzp

kalatzp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalatzp Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:43am
post #1 of 6

I made IMBC a couple of days ago, put it in the fridge and took it out today to pipe some cupcakes and before it came to room temperature I put it in the mixer to come together...Well now it is has all separated and looks absolutely disgusting. Is there anyway I can save this. Can someone please help!!!! Otherwise I have to start all over again....

5 replies
frulund2600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frulund2600 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:47am
post #2 of 6

Just keep mixing on high speed and you will see it coming together again

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:47am
post #3 of 6

How long did you beat it for?

I did this once, and I thought it was never going to come back together. Sloppy, soupy, curdled looking mess is what I thought when I looked in the bowl!

Try to beat it a little longer, and hopefully it willcome back together. Mine eventually did, though I must admit, I was very nervous until it did!

Good luck!

kalatzp Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:57am
post #4 of 6

I have rebeat it for about 6 minutes....I am just going to leave it sit there for a little while longer and then rebeat and after that if it doesn't come together its going in the bin! It is my first time making IMBC and have know become disheartened with it all...

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:23am
post #5 of 6

It is too cold. Warm it up a little (blow torch to the side of the bowl or microwave a small bowl and add it back in) and whip and it will come back together like a charm.

kalatzp Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 5:18am
post #6 of 6

I persisted and it did come together. I just read somewhere else on this site to use a blowdryer to warm up bowl and it worked! It all came together and iced my cupcakes but when i was icing the last few it was starting to separate and not sticking well to the cupcake! lucky it was only the last 3 cupcakes. i think i will use a different buttercream recipe next time! Thanks for all your help everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%