Hey Jackie... How About 1St, 2Nd, 3Rd???

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 23 Aug 2005 , 4:45pm by missmersh

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 9

I was just thinking it would be fun to have like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd runners up in the contests! I know you buy the prize out of you own pocket so they wouldn't get prizes, just some recognition and a pat on the back! What do you think???

8 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 9

Just wondering if the rest of you agree????

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 9

I think that would be a good idea.

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 9

I agree! I think that it would motivate those who come in 2nd, 3rd, etc that people really do like what they are doing, and I think we all love positive reinforcement!!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 2 Jun 2005 , 6:13am
post #5 of 9

Thanks peacockplace for mentioning this,
Congratulations Lisa on your entry and winning first place prize!
I think veryone did a great job on their cakes, recognition is a good positive reinforcement, thanks Kristy! icon_smile.gif

gg88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gg88 Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 9

Where can I find the recipe form the winners. I keep asking and all they give are the names of the winners. I would like the recipes

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg88

Where can I find the recipe form the winners. I keep asking and all they give are the names of the winners. I would like the recipes

gg88 - We do not ask the members to submit a recipe with their photo so if you want a recipe of a winning cake the best thing would be to send a Private Message to the winner asking if they would be willing to share it with you.

The how-to on the latest winning cake was actually posted in the following thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-778-turkey.html

On another note - please refrain from asking the same question 3 times in 6 hours, it is against forum policy to make duplicate posts.

Thanks

gg88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gg88 Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 9

If I had recieved a answer to my question the first time ,I wouldn't have to request 2 more time. Sorry you found this to be an against policy but I would think that being helpful would be on the top of your agenda. I guess not.

Thanking you again

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 9

gg88,
Sometimes it takes a little while for replies, there are so many forums, posts and members on this site so it may not be instantaneous. We just have to be patient and understand that we may not get an answer right after we post.
Everyone is GRACIOUSLY helpful here. I am sure once you get used to it, you are going to Just LOVE IT!!! There is a tremendous amount of information here and LOTS of lovely ladies always more than glad to help out!!!

Leslie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%