I'm In Trouble! Ran Out Of Imbc...

Decorating By pyseas Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 7:17pm by ShirleyW

pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 9

I don't have the time nor the ingredients to make another batch.

The only buttercream I have on hand is some leftover 1/2 crisco, 1/2 butter mix. Can I blend this too together and save the cake???

8 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 9

I don't think so. I think it will break down the IMBC, make it separate. If you have enough ingredients for all powdered sugar/crisco buttercream you might be better off to save the IMBC for another time, just freeze it for now.

pyseas Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 9

Well, I was under the gun time wise and did it before I got a reply.

It seems to have worked...but I've been keeping it cold...

I'll keep you posted!

pennyray28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennyray28 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 9

please what is IMBC

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 9

Italian Meringue Butter Cream

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 9

I mix the 2 all the time--it works great! I got the idea from another CC'er here (can't remember who). It's a great combo: not too sweet, and smooth/creamy! IMBC can set out for 12 hours, but I'm wondering if this can be extended with the 50/50 combo because of the higher sugar content from the BC??
If you keep meringue powder on hand, there's a new recipe (posted yesterday?) that's an IMBC. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds great!

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 9

I have to tell you, I mix one batch of IMBC (WBH, I think) and a double batch of Wilton's 50/50 BC all the time. IMBC by itself won't hold up in Florida at this time of year. I do keep it cold and direct whomever is consuming the cake that it needs to be kept cold.

I think it's especially delicious and try to not ever have leftovers because my hips are big enough already, TYVM! icon_smile.gif

pyseas Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:28pm
post #8 of 9

It did work! I live in the Central Valley of California and while it's not very humid, it definately gets HOT.

I was very worried about it melting. It did get VERY soft, but still held together nicely.

I found it to be a nice combo! IMBC is sooooo buttery and traditional 50/50 bc is soooooo sweet. This brought a nice balance of smooth and sweet.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:17pm
post #9 of 9

Good, glad it worked for you. I tried it with a cooked French Buttercream and standard powdered sugar/crsco buttercream and it did not work well, it separated and developed large air bubbles. I had not tried it with IMBC so was hesitant to suggest that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%