Just How Many Darn Tastings Are Required???? (Long Rant)

Decorating By KayDay Updated 16 Jul 2007 , 5:24am by GI

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:55am
post #91 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

20 weeks, and this will be my 5th child. icon_eek.gif

So my brain is very mushy!

Happy baking, Sherri

I'm sorry, I can not write what went through my head when I read this.

Ok, you forced me - that's not the only thing that's going to be mushy.

Sorry, the icon_evil.gif made me do it.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:57am
post #92 of 112

On purpose....
are they all yours?
you know what causes that? (asked that guy if he could draw me a diagram. HeeHee)

heard it all and even more.
We have eight children. Five girls and three boys and we'd welcome anymore God sees fit to seed.

We drive a 15 passenger van. icon_razz.gif

By the way, I give my cakes away for free and call up my friends to ask if I can make them one. What does that make me? icon_confused.gif
momma chris

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 5:30am
post #93 of 112

I hate it when someone asks me if they are all mine!

Yeah, you idiot, like I'm gonna go borrow someonelse's kids to go grocery shopping!

I only have one boy and he is my favorite! OK, I'm kidding. He is so much sweeter than those mean little girls though! icon_mad.gif

I love my girls too, it's just alot of DRAMA in my house. icon_cry.gif

My van looks like a passenger van, but it only seats 7.
Now somebody will be able to touch somebody else in the van- I think I have a problem!

I think we have accidently hi-jacked this thread, sorry KayDay.

Hey, when is Big Butt's wedding anyway? lol
I hope you'll post a picture of the famous cake. Hey can you get one with him in it too? HEHE

adobewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adobewife Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:14am
post #94 of 112

I have so enjoyed watching this drama unfold. I have given up Dr. Phil for you guys. All I can add to this, is that I hope this poor women can bake or is willing to learn (quickly) if she wants to keep her new husband at home. Otherwise she may find him keeping time with some cute local baker. What will his excuse be " You never gave me cake, so I went to someone who would". Hehe! icon_lol.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:34am
post #95 of 112

OMG, lmao here icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I have 7 kids (all teenagers and beyond now) so yes hun there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. O and for those "lovely" people who say, "Don't you know what causes that?" I reply sweetly (with a little smile on my face), "Obviously better than you do!"

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:57am
post #96 of 112

I Love It! All of it. Freakin hillarious from the cake to the kids. Tell him to tell his fiance to bake him a chocolate cake or make his own. I hope to see this wedding cake soon?! About the kids, my step-daughter is 6 and my two boys are 3 and 2, and we are talking about having one more kind of soon!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:25pm
post #97 of 112

You guys crack me up! icon_lol.gif Congrats to all of you, you're better women than I am, that's for SURE!!

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, you idiot, like I'm gonna go borrow someonelse's kids to go grocery shopping!

Wait a minute...I think I resemble that remark!! icon_confused.gif As if having boys that close in age wasn't bad enough, I "took in" one of their friends at 16 (and to this day I'm still his "Mom", he calls or comes over at least once a day!) the "boys" are now 28, 27, 26 & 25. None of my "Mama's Boys" have married (yet), they tell me they haven't found someone with my "warped" sense of humor. I tell them that's because when they made me, they broke the mold...because it was DEFECTIVE! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Oh, but the stories that I could tell you, would make your hair turn white! Let me just say, if any of you have dryer vents that vent out the back of your house, make sure you keep your chidren AWAY from them!! thumbs_up.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:31pm
post #98 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommachris

On purpose....
are they all yours?
you know what causes that? (asked that guy if he could draw me a diagram. HeeHee)

heard it all and even more.
We have eight children. Five girls and three boys and we'd welcome anymore God sees fit to seed.

We drive a 15 passenger van. icon_razz.gif

By the way, I give my cakes away for free and call up my friends to ask if I can make them one. What does that make me? icon_confused.gif
momma chris

CRAZY!!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

Ya know I'm just kiddin'! icon_lol.gif I'm crazier than a loon and it's FUN in my world!! icon_twisted.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:40pm
post #99 of 112
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, when is Big Butt's wedding anyway? lol
I hope you'll post a picture of the famous cake. Hey can you get one with him in it too? HEHE

Yea, KayDay when is the event? Oh man, that would be GREAT if you could get a picture of him with the cake! Although you'd have to PM it to all of us, cause you can't put his picture on here...

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:57pm
post #100 of 112

It is toward the end of next month....I am not caffeinated enough yet to go get my planner and look, but I will get a pic for you guys! I try to do that anyway...lol. Here is a photo of the cake.
LL

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:15pm
post #101 of 112

Oh Gail.. I think they made me out of the same defective type mold.. icon_wink.gif I love this thread.. I can't wait to see your cake.. I love the picture.. I was a Mario Bros addict when I was younger.. I'm talkin' SERIOUS calluses.. LOL.

One of my mottos is.. 'If you can't laugh at life.. why are you living it?' I certainly try to laugh at everything.. if not I'd be rocking in the corner in my nice padded cell.. icon_razz.gif

Totally-Frosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Totally-Frosted Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:19pm
post #102 of 112

I would recommend you charge him for the second cake as well. It was already enough for him to decide what cake he wanted when he did the tasting so there's no need for another cake. Just let him know the tastings were complimentary but you will have to charge him regular price or give him a little discount since he is ordering the wedding cake from you. But definitely let him know you have to charge him!

Veronica icon_smile.gif

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:33pm
post #103 of 112
Quote:

On a lighter note, If you could really laugh you butt off, I'd be so skinny right now!!

-Sherri

Oh ain't it the truth! That's my kind of diet!!

thems_my_kids Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:49pm
post #104 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

It is toward the end of next month....I am not caffeinated enough yet to go get my planner and look, but I will get a pic for you guys! I try to do that anyway...lol. Here is a photo of the cake.

That's a very cool cake, though I can't believe any bride would agree to have it as her *wedding* cake!! She's gonna have a lot more problems than her man needing cake all the time! icon_lol.gif

thems_my_kids Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:55pm
post #105 of 112

I wanted 4 kids, but my 3rd has about done me in! So independent and unwaivering. Pour the kid a cup of milk, that he asked for, hand it to him, he screams, all because he wanted to pick the cup up by himself. Are you kidding me?!?! Good thing he's cute or i'd have sold him to the gypsies by now!
LL

gailsgoodies Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:14pm
post #106 of 112

That is a GREAT cake Kayday!! Did you do that? Is THAT what they want for the wedding cake?!

thems_my_kids, he is sooooooo cute!! Look at that dimple!! I just wanna squeeze him!!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:25pm
post #107 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by thems_my_kids

I wanted 4 kids, but my 3rd has about done me in! So independent and unwaivering. Pour the kid a cup of milk, that he asked for, hand it to him, he screams, all because he wanted to pick the cup up by himself. Are you kidding me?!?! Good thing he's cute or i'd have sold him to the gypsies by now!

Judging by the twinkle in his eye I think the gypsies would be asking for a refund icon_razz.gif

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 7:17pm
post #108 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by thems_my_kids

lol- you're hilarious - ain't it the truth? Mine are all at 20 months intervals - so I have a 4 1/2 yr old, an almost 3 yr.old, and a 14 month old all doing this same thing!! Now the new baby will be 18 months younger than the 14 mo old - sometimes I wonder - what was God thinking? lol - but I wouldn't trade them for the world...

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 8:31pm
post #109 of 112

He sure is a cutie.... actually this is to be the groomscake..and no, the cake phots is a reference...I didnt do it, but do not know who did originally. I will post photos when mine is complete

gailsgoodies Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #110 of 112

That's gonna be an AWESOME grooms cake! What does the wedding cake look like?

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 10:16pm
post #111 of 112

"I hate it when someone asks me if they are all mine!

Yeah, you idiot, like I'm gonna go borrow someonelse's kids to go grocery shopping! "

THAT'S one of the BEST comebacks EVERR!!! LOL!!icon_biggrin.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 5:24am
post #112 of 112
Quote:

I hate it when someone asks me if they are all mine!

I grew up w/8 kids. We turned alot of heads - all blue-eyed blondies but my Mother who had dark eyes & hair. She had these ol' bats that would come up to her & ask her same snotty question "are these all your kids?!" -- this in the day before day-care was the norm! icon_rolleyes.gif We went tent camping every year, & one year this lady came right up into our campsite while Mom was cooking pancakes on the campfire, and the lady said to her husband, "Wow, she's cooking on the campfire! Come Look at this, Bob" icon_eek.gif My mother....I'll never forget.... icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gif .... waved her spatula at the woman and said, "Lady, Get out of my campsite before I put you to work scrubbing dishes!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

....'K .... sorry..... I really checked into this to see if KayDays Big Wedding Day for Mr.PotBelliedFreeLoadingCakeEater had been finalized.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%