Strawberry Filling

Decorating By TJSCAKES Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 2:26am by ShortcakesSweets

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 7

HAS ANYONE MADE THE STRAWBERRY FILLING FROM THE RECIPE SECTION? DO I NEED TO PUT A LAYER OF BC FIRST, SO THE STRAWBERRY FILLING DOESN'T SOAK INTO THE CAKE? OR IS IT THICK ENOUGH TO JUST SIT THERE....

TIA!!

6 replies
ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't tried the Strawberry Filling Recipe on this site, but I have a recipe for one that you use Seedless Strawberry Preserves, Cream Cheese and Cool Whip. It is very good. After you combine all ingredients you let it refrigerate for about 30 minutes and it is thick enough that it does not soak into the cake.

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake412

I haven't tried the Strawberry Filling Recipe on this site, but I have a recipe for one that you use Seedless Strawberry Preserves, Cream Cheese and Cool Whip. It is very good. After you combine all ingredients you let it refrigerate for about 30 minutes and it is thick enough that it does not soak into the cake.

MMMMMMMM! SOUNDS YUMMY!...DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE ? AND WILL IT BE OKAY SITTING OUT FOR A COUPLE HOURS WHEN IN THE CAKE?

THANK YOU!!

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:43am
post #4 of 7

i haven't made the strawberry, but i made a raspberry with cream cheese and cool whip. it sat for about 4 hours and was fine. i don' t know if i would keep it out too much longer than that. thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:46am
post #5 of 7

Becareful if you leave it out and it is a little humid or warm your cakes will bulge even with a thick layer of bc as a dam. I left mine out for 2 hours and it started to bulge but stuck it back in the fridge and it was fine.

icon_biggrin.gif

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7

Someone of CC suggested mixing strawberry jam with your buttercream. It was really good!

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:26am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSCAKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake412

MMMMMMMM! SOUNDS YUMMY!...DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE ? AND WILL IT BE OKAY SITTING OUT FOR A COUPLE HOURS WHEN IN THE CAKE?

THANK YOU!!

Here's the recipe for Strawberry Filling:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
15 oz. Seedless Strawberry Preserves
8 oz. Cool Whip

In mixer, blend cream cheese on medium until soft (about 2 min). Add preserves and mix until combined. Add cool whip until combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set then spread between cake layers.

My recipe doesn't specify how long it can be left out, but I made a cake Monday using this filling, it was out for about 2-3 hours during a meeting and was fine. But I did put the left-over cake in the refrigerator just to be safe. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%