Are You A Cake Picture Junkie?

Decorating By PennySue Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 1:17pm by bgunlock

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:55am
post #1 of 47

I admit it...I am. I haven't been able to bake for 5 months icon_cry.gif due to remodeling icon_biggrin.gif . So here I sit, collecting cake pictures from all over the internet, dreaming of the day I can use some of the ideas I've collected, tweak them to my liking and go for it. Do any of you collect massive amounts of images or am I the only one? icon_confused.gif

46 replies
notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:12am
post #2 of 47

I am able to bake and I am a cake picture junkie, I save cakes I admire and daydream

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:20am
post #3 of 47

Me too...I maintain folders for the cakes I find here...thinking it will come handy when i make cake.

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:20am
post #4 of 47

what do you think i've been doing since i joined this site....... he he

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:21am
post #5 of 47

Oh yes!! I don't even make cakes yet! I can't wait because I have so many great ideas from the wonderful cakes on CC.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:27am
post #6 of 47

oh please I have a a folder that says "cakes by other decorators" and at this point it is about fvie pages big. icon_redface.gif But I love to look and collect. I have a collection of (cake crap- husbands name for cake stuff) and on the computer a collection of more cake crap.

Vicky

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:29am
post #7 of 47

Oh heck yeah! And, a recipe junkie too!!

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:31am
post #8 of 47

You know it!!!! There are days/nights that I can't believe how much time
I have spent looking and saving. I do it so much....that lately I have to
hurry and get off before my DH gets home. Just feel a little guilty, don't
know why because he has never said anything. I guess it's just knowing
there are other things around the house I could be doing. icon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:44am
post #9 of 47

oh gosh yes! I print them out and put them in plastic sleeves in a 3-ring binder for brides to browse thru for ideas. (The pics of cakes I've made are in a separate book.)

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:45am
post #10 of 47

I admit I too am a photo junkie. Is there a cure? My husband went and got me my own laptop so that he could do work on the pc. He now had to get my my own extrnal hard drive for the memory of pictures and recipes. And wireless net working. So I can now wish for faster pull ups. Some times it is as bad as the old dial up networks not like DSL. I am hooked.

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:51am
post #11 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

oh gosh yes! I print them out and put them in plastic sleeves in a 3-ring binder for brides to browse thru for ideas. (The pics of cakes I've made are in a separate book.)

That's it...........my printer is broken. I'll be out tomorrow getting a new
one and better get extra ink......gonna need it. I didn't think of printing
them out. I was just worried at some point cc would be cutting me off on
how many I save.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:53am
post #12 of 47

I go through phases -- picture junkie -- forum junkie -- picture junkie -- you get the idea.....

How I wish I could do it all! icon_lol.gif

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:55am
post #13 of 47

Ok, this is in no way an admission of being a junkie, but does having 32 pages of "my fav photos" make me one? If it does I don't want the cure.

I also collect websites. My favorites list is a mile long!!!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:57am
post #14 of 47

I print them out, save them here and also have some saved on my photo site. I have so many there is no way I could ever make them all.

I love to see everyones cakes. I get upset when the gallery is down or so slow I give up.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:57am
post #15 of 47

Ok, just for the heck of it, I counted how many I have. So far there are 925 pictures on my hard drive. Uh oh, DH is calling. Wonder if I have time for just a few more...

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:58am
post #16 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigMomma

Ditto! DH tells me when i have to many on the comp. Then they get deleted or moved to Photobucket. I have pages of cake pics there.. icon_redface.gif

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:01am
post #17 of 47

guilty guilty guilty...thanks for letting me know I am not alone!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:04am
post #18 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

That's it...........my printer is broken. I'll be out tomorrow getting a new
one and better get extra ink......gonna need it. I didn't think of printing
them out. I was just worried at some point cc would be cutting me off on
how many I save.

when you print the pic, be sure to also print the website address so you know where it came from. When it's a CC pic, I also make a note on the print out of the CC'er who made the cake (along with the browser address so I can find it again) so I can give credit if I use that cake for an idea, or if I have questions on how to make it.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:09am
post #19 of 47

Sometimes I think my computer it will start smoking and the same things for my favorite websites, I also keep my cake picture in folders!

lujauna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lujauna Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:17am
post #20 of 47

I am one too I guess. I save them in my Documents under decorated cakes,decorated cookies and cookies bouquets. When I get a lot of them I save them on CD's. Also a recipe junkie. So many pictures and recipes, so little time lol!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:20pm
post #21 of 47

Yep, me too! I have a binder with a section that I named cake ideas for the ones I have printed. I have about 3-4 pages of favorites here on cc and I have some saved on my computer from the internet.

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:56pm
post #22 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigMomma

Yep, I'm a recipe junkie and cake picture junkie!!

My kids [ages 2 1/2 and 5 1/2] are turning into cake picture junkies too because if they see me looking...they sit in my lap, next to me, on the computer desk, etc so they can look too!! Then they 'fight' over the cakes and who gets to 'have' them!

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:06pm
post #23 of 47

I think I spen a third.....ok, HALF my day at work surfing the web looking at cake pics icon_lol.gif

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:08pm
post #24 of 47

YES! I swear I'm going to get fired from work because I'm on the internet for like half the day. I have 6 pages of 'My Favorite Photos'!

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:11pm
post #25 of 47

Yes I am and I have made a Cake Pictures Scrapbook! Also have a cake photosite and some of them here on CC!
icon_smile.gif
Nitu

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:12pm
post #26 of 47

Didn't you see the sign top left this place is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE? Part of what they were talking about was picture saving and dreaming. Guilty as charged.................. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

OMG someone help me seriously, I just looked above me and someone said they had 6 pages so I looked to see how many I have and I'm over the top , lost it I have 26 icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif There has got to be help for this. And the sad part is ( not really) they are ALL excellent cakes.

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:19pm
post #27 of 47

Compelte junkie...

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:34pm
post #28 of 47

I spend 1/2 my day on the computer at work looking , saving and dreaming of the the possible designs I can do in the future with cake. I am on CC all day long looking at cakes and my manager knows it. I guess when I loose my job I can stay home and bake cakes all day.

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 10:34pm
post #29 of 47

Big time! I have a main folder for generic ideas but then I have sub-folders that range from Animals to WHimsical...so far 63 files! Mostly every cake is named according to the topic/theme followed by the decorators name or website and then the source, such as CC for cakecentral. Helps me to give credit where it's due when I use other cakes for inspiration.

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:28am
post #30 of 47

so addicted...even addicted to the wilton yearbooks and any other books/magazines I can get my hands on and/or afford!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%