Introducing Myself

Decorating By SweetLiner Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 4:16am by idoweddingcookies

SweetLiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetLiner Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:36am
post #1 of 21

Hi All,

My name is Caroline and I live in Pleasant Hill, California. I am 36 years old and my husband, Tod, and I have been married for 6 1/2 years (no children yet) We have a 7 year old female tri-color beagle named Flash and a cockatiel named Ziggy. I work full-time for an insurance agency as an assistant and he is a photographer.

I have no experience decorating/baking cakes....lol. I have always been interested in making gumpaste flowers and am finally getting around to wanting to learn. I will have to look up local cake decorating classes at Michaels and maybe the rec center.

This looks like a great community and yes, it is already addicting and I have not even baked a cake yet....lol. I have even connected with a member here that lives in the next city over.

Glad to be here and hope to chat with some of you!

20 replies
cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:05am
post #2 of 21

Welcome to Cake Central, Caroline! You are going to love it here! So many nice, talented, knowledgeable people!! Any question you have about anything sugar-related, you can bet someone here will have an answer for you! thumbs_up.gif This place is certainly addicting ... I'm sure you'll be spending lots of time here! icon_biggrin.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:13am
post #3 of 21

Welcome.....to your new addiction! LOL This is a great place with a lot of wonderful people! Cakes can be so much fun (and stressful at times) - you're going to love it!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:19am
post #4 of 21

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!

Beth in KY

nanny4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny4 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:26am
post #5 of 21

This is the "sweetest" place to be! Welcome!
Linda from Tennessee icon_smile.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:31am
post #6 of 21

Hi Caroline

welcome to Cake Central, and welcome to the wonderful world of sugar and cakes...

We just got our baby cockatiel, he was hand raised for us and his name is Milo... he's adorable! ( and sitting on my shoulder nibbling my ear rings as i type...lol).

cheers

kylie

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:33am
post #7 of 21

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:35am
post #8 of 21

Sweetliner, welcome to CC! You have definitely found the right place to be for learning all about cake and cookie decorating. You'll be amazed at the cakes you will see............and be making in no time at all.
Lots of friendly and helpful people are here and happy to help out anytime. icon_smile.gif

Lea

Sunspotalli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunspotalli Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:38am
post #9 of 21

Welcome, Welcome as you said this place is addictive, so get ready!!! You'll love it here seriously, the folks are great. Don't ever think you have "stupid" questions because odds are if you are wondering someone else is too. So good luck with your flowers and we look forward to seeing your work.

Badeerah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Badeerah Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:44am
post #10 of 21

Welcome Sweetliner. You are gonna be so addicted to this place. You will definitely be baking and decorating in no time. You will get so much inspirations from on here, that you will think you can do anything you see. You'll be amazed at what you can do with the help from this beautiful place we call CC! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

BTW Your DH and dogs might become a little jealous, because you will spending a lot of time with us. icon_smile.gif

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:57am
post #11 of 21

Welcome!! This site is great and I know you will learn a lot and get plenty of encouargment here. icon_smile.gif

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:58am
post #12 of 21

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:59am
post #13 of 21

welcome,welcome,welcome...your gonna love it here!!!1 everyone is sooooo great and very helpful. it is seriously a very highly addicting site, so be prepared to sit and stare at the computer for hours and hours and hours......

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:08am
post #14 of 21

Welcome! You are on the right place.

Nitu

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:08am
post #15 of 21

Hi Caroline. I'm new too. I've been looking at this website for a couple of months now but just now starting to get into the forum thing. I'm a Texan and love to cook and bake. I'm pretty inexperienced too at decorating, but have learned so much from looking at the forums and galleries..... which I do several time per day. It's a wonder I can get anything else done.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:11am
post #16 of 21

And she only lives 10 miles from me! We Northern Californans are few and far between on this forum, but we're gainin' on ya! Welcome Caroline, you will learn so much here.

Jeffsgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeffsgal Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:14am
post #17 of 21

Welcome!
Another Nor Cal Gal....Yahoo!

I'm in Insurance also, and have fun with cakes on the side.

Expect this addiction to take full effect right about NOW!

Enjoy!

milklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milklady Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:16am
post #18 of 21

Welcome! I hardly post, but I like to check in once in a while.

If you're willing to drive a little bit further (and pay extra) there are amazing cake decorating classes at Spun Sugar in Berkeley.

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:33am
post #19 of 21

Welcome, Caroline you found the perfect web, at cc you are going to learn a lot of stuff( like me, I am learning how to write in English.lol.) This web is amazing, every day you find and learn something new.

SweetLiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetLiner Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:57am
post #20 of 21

Wow - thanks for all of the welcomes! icon_smile.gif

I am already finding myself checking out this forum when I am at work on my breaks....lol.

I have assisted my DH at a couple of weddings and was amazed at some of the wedding cakes! I already do misc. wedding favors as a side thing but I don't see the cake decorating urge I have to carry over to what we are doing now....lol. I don't handle stress very well and weddings do stress me out tremendously! icon_surprised.gif

I guess I have great timing in that I found this site just when we are starting a weight-loss program soon here in our house.....ah well...lol. I have never been big into eating cake (just other things!).

I just want to decorate!! icon_biggrin.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:16am
post #21 of 21

Welcome - as others have mentioned... this will become your new addiction.. really it will. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%