Cream Cheese Icing Questions

Decorating By FaithP Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm by CustomCakesBySharon

FaithP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithP Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a wedding cake using cream cheese icing and wondered if anyone knew if I used the Crusting Cream Cheese Icing if the cake would have to be refrigerated? I have to drive 2 hrs. to the wedding and I don't want the cake ruined before I get there.
I also welcome any tips, as this is my first large cake. Thanks.

4 replies
mangiamangia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mangiamangia Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:08am
post #2 of 5

Sorry I dont have any advice on this subject but here is a BUMP!! Hope someone that has experience with is can help you out with some info!

Good luck!

Newbieone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbieone Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 5

I just used that recipe on a cake for a neighbor. It was yummy, by the way. It did get soft after sitting out, but I don't think too soft. can't tell you how it would react for two hours in the car. Hope someone else can answer that.

CHristina

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 5

I use the crusting cream cheese buttercream on Earlene Moore's website. www.earlenescakes.com It is wonderful. She says on there that it can sit out for several days with no problem. It's all I've used and never had a problem. It does get a little softer after sitting out but has never been a problem. Good luck!

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 5

i've used the crusting recipe from this site several times for bday cakes (not any weddings) and never refrigerated the cakes.....they seemed to hold up just fine.....of course, i'd make sure u address any heat issues....if it's a warm day, u might have problems

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%