Theme Of The Month!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm by Melvira

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:35am
post #91 of 196

I think all of the cakesare awesome! When does the new theme come out? I want in, and I dont' have time this week to do anything else.

Tell us the new theme of the month so I can think and plan... bbbuuuuaaahahaha.

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:05am
post #92 of 196

Here's a luau cake I just did recently.
LL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:32am
post #93 of 196

*zzzwwwwwwiiiiiiiiinnnngg*

There went my socks. Even what you deem to be your lame work impresses me. You stink! icon_wink.gif Just teasing. I am just pleased to know you!

*Bet you always wondered what my socks sounded like when they were flying across the room, didn't you? Come on... admit it...*

Edited to add: Since tomorrow is the ides of June (is there such a thing?) I'll start a new thread to take ideas for July's theme. I will link to it here, so keep watching!!! (Or maybe I'll get motivated and do it tonight, we'll see how these cakes turn out tonight.)

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:07am
post #94 of 196

Awwwwww, Mel, I feel the love when you say I stink icon_lol.gif
And yeah, great sock sound effect-----always wondered how to spell that sound.
cncgirl00-----very cute cake! Love the grassy sides. I want to live in that hut!!! Is that a two story or cathedral ceiling?

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:34am
post #95 of 196

Here is a practice cupcake I did tonight. I am doing a cake like this next month for a friend's 15yr daughter. The cake will have more detail like a pool and more teddies. My poor tree lost a limb. Thanks to a 2yr old and a dog. I colored some white chocolate and it siezed up but I really liked the texture. So I firgured "what the hay" I'll go with it.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=650673

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 9:04am
post #96 of 196

NancysFancy: That would be a cathedral ceiling so I can store my surfboards with ease!! Those cookies are awesome, by the way!!
Here's a pic of another extremely last minute cake I made:
LL

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 9:20pm
post #97 of 196

Great cakes and cookies everyone!!!!
Fantastic lobsters!!!
Love the shark cake!!! Is that fruit roll-up seaweed?

Planning an "above the sea" cake for the end of the month - will post when complete! Thanks for these threads! So fun to be creative and see what you wonderful CCer's are making!!!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 10:45pm
post #98 of 196

actually, melvira, i got ya beat in the Disney-fan department. If you watch the movie, ''Bandiss'' comes before ''Bulbous''. icon_razz.gif

Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:14am
post #99 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

actually, melvira, i got ya beat in the Disney-fan department. If you watch the movie, ''Bandiss'' comes before ''Bulbous''. icon_razz.gif

I thought it was 'banded' like the bands around the bulbous part...? Uh-oh... who's the real Disney fan here... have I been wrong for 15 (or so) years?!?!? WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH icon_cry.gif

Ok guys, working on the new months thread... give me a few minutes and I'll post a link here!

Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:27am
post #100 of 196
OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:39am
post #101 of 196

Is it too late to submit for June??? I did this for my daughter's birthday party the end of May and it's kinda under the sea... it's a mermaid lmao
LL

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:15am
post #102 of 196

Wow there are some pretty cool cakes and cookies out there.
Lets keep them coming.

Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:36am
post #103 of 196

Becky that is GORGEOUS!!! And NO WAY is it too late to submit here. You can submit until the end of time as far as I'm concerned. I am not 'closing the thread' at the end of the month or anything like that. Thanks for your awesome submission!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:17am
post #104 of 196

There truly is some AMAZING talent sharing in this thread!!! Keep it coming!! icon_biggrin.gif

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 9:18pm
post #105 of 196

I have some cookie dough chillin in the fridge. I will make some cookies soon and have another submission for this post. So where is everyone elses cool talent?????????

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:54am
post #106 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

icon_evil.gif OH MY GOD!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST DISNEY FANS EVER!!!!!!! icon_evil.gif

You obviously need to go WATCH the movie that you have been SINGING ABOUT FOR 2 WEEKS NOW!!! At the beginning of the movie Ariel is supposed to be singing in the show, instead she finds the shipwreck and takes these two items to the seagull... he tells her that the pipe is a bulbous banded snarfblatt meant for making music... and the fork is a dingelhopper used for styling their hair! I am ASHAMED to admit I know you guys!!!! Come on... SOMEONE back me up here!! Please tell me that these two are the only loonies in the group!!! icon_confused.gif

icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

hahahahah! I remember! I remember! I couldn't remember what the called that horn thing, but immediately recognized the fork hair styler! LOL! Great!

freddyfl Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:58am
post #107 of 196

These might be stretching the theme a bit but here are my newest entries:

The first one is a thank you cookie for my son's Kindergarten teacher. But I figure it fits, because he wishes he was a "sea" captain....and while he was sailing he may see some things "under the sea".

The second ones are little bugs who are going snorkeling to see the fish who live under the sea. I made these as thank yous for the bus drivers.

how are those for a
S-----T-------R--------------E------------T----------C-----------------H--------
LL
LL

Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:31pm
post #108 of 196

OK, #1, those are cute as all get out...

#2 they fit the theme perfectly, absolutely no stretching required!!

Thank you for sharing your adorable creations!!

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:13pm
post #109 of 196

freddy I love your style of cookies. They always look like you've painted them with water colors. Those are adorable.

NancysFancy Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:45pm
post #110 of 196

Wow-----adorable, freddy. Excellent difficult detail!!!

freddyfl Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:40pm
post #111 of 196

Thank you ladies! I hope the teachers like them. I don't think that the big ones are going to be dry in time to take them today. I may have to take them tomorrow. I will check them again before school is out. I would rather have them gone, so that nothing can happen to them. =)

RICKASH Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 5:21am
post #112 of 196

OK guys here are some more things to go with Ricky's shark cake next month.
LL

freddyfl Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 5:49am
post #113 of 196

ohmigosh! those are so great! I cannot wait to see this cake! it is going to ROCK!.....=)

RICKASH Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 8:29am
post #114 of 196

Thanks freddy
BTW your cookies are amazing. so much detail.
It amazes me how you can all get so much detail on such small cookies.

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:55pm
post #115 of 196

RICKASH!! You need to quit teasing us with the absolutely adorable accent pieces!! I am dying to see the finished product! This is going to be the cutest cake! Man... do you know how to build anticipation!

freddyfl Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:59pm
post #116 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKASH

Thanks freddy
BTW your cookies are amazing. so much detail.
It amazes me how you can all get so much detail on such small cookies.

thank you, but they are not usually small. THe smallest ones I have done are about 3x3 but that is the smallest for the detailed cookies.

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:16pm
post #117 of 196

u guys r cracking me up! icon_lol.gif

here's mine....did this a while back, but i had to join in on the fun!
LL

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:24pm
post #118 of 196

I LOOOOOOOVE that Mermaid cake!! So nicely done!

NancysFancy Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:09pm
post #119 of 196

Super cute Mermaid cake!!! What a lucky girl that was!!! Love the way the doll is sitting on that rock!!

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:17pm
post #120 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

Super cute Mermaid cake!!! What a lucky girl that was!!! Love the way the doll is sitting on that rock!!

Thanks Nancy! It was hard to get it looking like she was sitting since her legs are really down in the cake. Trying to wrap the MMF fin around her butt was a challenge, but I was happy with how it turned out. Hey, you're in Reston! I used to work in Tyson's for 4 years - finally got tired of the traffic & moved back down to the country (near JMU - 2hr drive from NoVA).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%