Theme Of The Month!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm by Melvira

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:00am
post #31 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Folks, even though Melvira is the "face" of this new thread, there are many people behind the scenes who contributed to it's creation. And to all those people -- Thank you, bless you, and keep on creatin'!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Oops - my bad icon_redface.gif I just assumed that it was her idea since she said she had a fun idea that she kicked around with some of her friends! Thanks everyone - either way - it's a GREAT idea! icon_lol.gif Hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #32 of 196

OMG!! I am dying over all these amazing creations! You guys are so amazing!!

BTW... everyone can ignore Bob... she's just jealous because she doesn't get to be a Mistress... I came up with it all by myself, and now she's trying to get credit! Bwahahahahaha! Just teasin' Wonderbuns! You know I love ya! I did have support from some amazing people in starting this new theme thread. Kisses to you, you know who you are! icon_wink.gif

And, yes, any reason is a good reason to make cake. My personal favorite is, "I felt like it, now do you want it or do you just want to ask a lot of stupid questions?" icon_lol.gif

P.S. Am I the only one dying over SeaQueen's cake? Oh!! And Adven68... you are always blowing my mind... why are you so cool? It's not fair to the rest of us!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:10pm
post #33 of 196

That's it!! I'm just going to have to post my really cool picture and then I'll be the mistress!!! Bwwaaahahahahahahahahaha!!! icon_twisted.gif

Melvira Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:15am
post #34 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

That's it!! I'm just going to have to post my really cool picture and then I'll be the mistress!!! Bwwaaahahahahahahahahaha!!! icon_twisted.gif

I will allow you to live tonight, only because it is my baby's second birthday today, and I am feeling especially vulnerable and needy. However, tomorrow you will be flogged angrily for your dissidence. Please enjoy the next few hours, as they are the last that you will be able to laugh like that!!! Hehehehehehe!!! (Hey, if I let you talk back, then everyone wants to... pretty soon the whole Mistress title is sort of a joke and I have to work day and night abusing my subordinates trying to earn back everyone's respect and instill fear into their hearts... I'm sure you can understand...) icon_lol.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:33am
post #35 of 196

Fun idea! And boy this thread could surely get very long. icon_biggrin.gif

I've done several Little Mermaid and Nemo themed cakes so here's one I'll share. Sorry the picture is pretty blurry.

KimAZ
LL

Melvira Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:43am
post #36 of 196

SO cute kimaz!! Thanks for participating! I can't wait to get a break to do something with the theme!! UGH! This is a busy week! And weddings coming down the pike to boot! icon_wink.gif

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:01am
post #37 of 196

Oh Kim I love that! Are those cupcakes? I would like to do something, but I'm certainly not making any promises. (I'm scared of what Melvira might do if I don't come through)

Melvira Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:04am
post #38 of 196

Bwahahahahahahaha! Um... I mean... I wouldn't do anything... I'm the nicest pushover in town! icon_wink.gif

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:05am
post #39 of 196

This is a work in progress, so please excuse my unfinished work. Its for my son's birthday cake next month. Its made of fondant and I will outline the details in black when the cake is finished.
What a cool idea Melvira.
LL

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 10:46am
post #40 of 196

RICKASH! WOW!!! That is some amazing work!!! I need to get started now just from seeing your shark!!!

Is that fondant or gumpaste??

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:22am
post #41 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

RICKASH! WOW!!! That is some amazing work!!! I need to get started now just from seeing your shark!!!

Is that fondant or gumpaste??

thank you stepOnmi
Its fondant as I dont want it to harden too much.

Melvira Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:52pm
post #42 of 196

Oh man, Kelli... that shark is awesome! It looks JUST like him! You've done an amazing job! I just love sharks, so this was totally fun for me! I can't wait to see the finished product!! BTW... even if we're on to a new theme, please come back to this thread and post that cake when it's done! I can't wait!!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:19am
post #43 of 196

That shark is awesome! I'm always blown away by the artistic talent on this site!

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:24am
post #44 of 196

Hey Melvira, Mistress of Dark Chocolate -- where's your really cool submission??? icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 1:58am
post #45 of 196

Come on guys... I think I pointed out, this is birthday week!! And I have a couple other things this week, so I can't do my theme yet. And Bob... you'd better not pressure me or I'll spank your wonderbuns to a nice golden shade of ouchie!! Ok, wow... didn't mean that to sound as dirty as it did! hehehe. icon_redface.gif

But seriously... the wheels are turning and I'm going to come up with something cool! Don't you worry! icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 3:53pm
post #46 of 196

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif You're makin' me blush woman! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Tolinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tolinda Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 2:08am
post #47 of 196

here's mine! i made cookies just for this and because i was bored too icon_biggrin.gif i got the idea from penny.
LL

Melvira Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 4:00am
post #48 of 196

Woo-hoo!! Those are awesome!!! Great job!

Melvira Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:12am
post #49 of 196

Ok... I don't wanna hear Bob whining any more, (hehehe kidding!) so I took some leftover dough from my cookies today and made my Under the Sea submission!

Without further ado... I give you the bulbous banded snarfblatt, and the dinglehopper!!!
LL

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:18am
post #50 of 196

HUH??????????????????????

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:23am
post #51 of 196

Ok here is mine. made it yesterday with cookies to go with it. Made molds for the shells from shells we found around Asia then used them for coloured white choc. Made the cookie cutter for the cookie as well
LL
LL

Melvira Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:12pm
post #52 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

HUH??????????????????????

Soooo... you're not familiar with The Little Mermaid? Is that what I'm hearing here?

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:35pm
post #53 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Soooo... you're not familiar with The Little Mermaid? Is that what I'm hearing here?

Well---I just DRAGGED my 13yo DD away from her "Guild Wars" (don't ask) to identify that crack pipe and dinner fork. She couldn't so you're either yankin' me or we have NO MEMORY left for the good ol' days!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:22pm
post #54 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok... I don't wanna hear Bob whining any more, (hehehe kidding!) so I took some leftover dough from my cookies today and made my Under the Sea submission!

Without further ado... I give you the bulbous banded snarfblatt, and the dinglehopper!!!

You posted an underwater BONG???? icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gif Oh, let me guess, that was from the reception of Bubba's Under the Sea Wedding, right?? icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 11:24pm
post #55 of 196

icon_evil.gif OH MY GOD!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST DISNEY FANS EVER!!!!!!! icon_evil.gif

You obviously need to go WATCH the movie that you have been SINGING ABOUT FOR 2 WEEKS NOW!!! At the beginning of the movie Ariel is supposed to be singing in the show, instead she finds the shipwreck and takes these two items to the seagull... he tells her that the pipe is a bulbous banded snarfblatt meant for making music... and the fork is a dingelhopper used for styling their hair! I am ASHAMED to admit I know you guys!!!! Come on... SOMEONE back me up here!! Please tell me that these two are the only loonies in the group!!! icon_confused.gif

icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 11:26pm
post #56 of 196

My god... I haven't watched that movie in a few years, but I still remember it... I thought I was so good coming up with this entry on the theme... I guess I'm too good, you guys don't even recognize it!!!

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 11:43pm
post #57 of 196

Melvira,
Yes - you are not the only one out there that remembers Little Mermaid.... I can still see her combing her long, beautiful, red hair with the dingelhopper.... (sigh)...

icon_biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gif

dagrama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dagrama Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 12:07am
post #58 of 196

This is a great idea, and thanks for making me laugh! I really needed it! I find it hard to compete with all the wonderful work from everyone on the site. I know you all started out where I am now, so I am hopeful I will end up where you all are someday. Soon I hope!

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 12:43am
post #59 of 196

Well it still looks like a BONG to me! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif And it was kind of nice watching Melivra, Mistress of Dark Chocolate struggling alone in the deep dark waters, slowly sinking under the sea... icon_twisted.gif Bwwaahahahahahahahaha icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

But seriously -- Dagrama, the best advice I can give you or any other newbie is this:
A) Find what medium you love to work with.
B) Practice, practice, practice
C) Enjoy it -- it's sugar, it's FUN!!! icon_biggrin.gif
D) Practice, practice, practice
You'll get there sweetie. We're all here on CC to help and encourage you. We'll answer your questions, give you that occasionally needed kick in the pants, inspire you with cool things to do with sugar and laugh with you. That's what it's all about! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

tigerlilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerlilly Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 5:25am
post #60 of 196

this is a great idea i posted a thread in cake decorating about doing something like this and someone posted a link to this thread. when should we have everything done by the last day of the month?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%