Decorating By Melvira Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm by Melvira

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 5:00pm
post #181 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

It's like you sliced off his head and put it on the cake board!

Note to self: Do NOT mess with StepOnmi!!!

Thanks ladies!! And TOO funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 4:13pm
post #182 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

Quote:

Jes... that is too cute!! Thank you for posting it! I love it!

thanks! i am really proud of this one! it's confetti cake, covered in fondant. the bottom layer is filled with strawberry cheesecake filling, and the middle and top layers are chocolate 'pudding' filling. the flowers and palm trees are gumpaste and the shells are fondant.

i just have to figure out how to get it to stop leaning and why the fondant cracked (i think i might put another layer on that makes waves).

sorry to post it again, but i just fixed it (from leaning) and added frosting waves to hide the 'flaws'.
LL

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 5:22pm
post #183 of 196

You guys made such a good job on your cakes!!!
Mind if I join in?
I had to make a summer/hawaii theme cake for today. I'm posting the picture!
LL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 3:32am
post #184 of 196

Sheesh, Jes, I didn't think it could get better than it was before, but you proved me wrong! Looks AWESOME!!

Pootchi, that is FANTASTIC!! You are one of those rare little diamonds that can show us all that 'boring old sheetcakes' don't have to be boring old sheetcakes! Bless you!! It's wonderful!

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 12:11am
post #185 of 196

I'm definitely late in getting this posted... just getting around to downloading pics from my camera. This was a quicky cake that I did for my moms birthday on Jun 26 and I think it loosely fits into the under the sea category.

TFL
LL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 12:50am
post #186 of 196

As always, I'm a day late and a dollar short... icon_rolleyes.gif I've received a number of inquiries asking why I haven't posted in this thread yet and it's simply because my friend Linda is dying of cancer and I spend my days sitting with her, reading to her and just being there for her. She's been sick for a few weeks now (cancer came back from 2003 and is now traveling up and down her spine as well as around it and into her lungs now.) The prognosis is not good. Since I'm spending my days with her, I haven't had much time for anything else, including my beloved CC. I hope y'all will understand.

Keep up the terrific work -- you are all so very talented! I enjoy looking at the beautiful creations each of you has made. And thanks again to those of you who wondered where I've been lately. I appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:01am
post #187 of 196

Bob... we've been thinking of you and missing you, but we know what you are doing right now is more important than anything else!! Bless you, and we will be right here waiting for you when you have time!!

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:48am
post #188 of 196

bobwonderbuns.

I cant believe how strong you must be. I'm sorry to hear thet her prognosis is not good, your friend is so lucky to have you by her side. You are a true friend to be able to do that. Glad that you had time to let other CC members know where you have been. As Melvira said you are doing the most important thing at the moment and thats what counts. Best wishes to you.

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:00pm
post #189 of 196

Thanks everyone! Always nice to hear the love and support. I think it's best if anyone wants to further address this, please PM me as opposed to writing it here so we don't hijack the thread. (Sorry Melvira! icon_rolleyes.gif) Thanks again for understanding! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:18pm
post #190 of 196

Duuuude, she's chastising me for hjackng my own thread!! icon_confused.gif Teasin'!! Of course that's a great idea!! thumbs_up.gif

RICKASH Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:25am
post #191 of 196
Quote:

Oh man, Kelli... that shark is awesome! It looks JUST like him! You've done an amazing job! I just love sharks, so this was totally fun for me! I can't wait to see the finished product!! BTW... even if we're on to a new theme, please come back to this thread and post that cake when it's done! I can't wait!!

Ok Melvira here it is.
Ricky's cake has finally come together and I am so proud of this one..Even if it is too late for this thread.
Here are some pics from all angles.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

Melvira Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:06pm
post #192 of 196

OMG!! It is NEVER too late, especially when you show up with something like THAT!! That is absolutely OUTSTANDING!! Fabulous work!!!

RICKASH Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:11pm
post #193 of 196

Thank you Melvira.
It seemed to take forever even though the little sea creatures were already made. I kept them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:41am
post #194 of 196

What a GREAT cake! The figures and shark are AMAZING!!!

Thanks for posting!
Lish

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:07pm
post #195 of 196

I just wanted to interject quickly here -- for all those who were asking me, my friend died early this morning in the hospital. She was 51. Thanks to everyone who asked.

Now back to our regularly scheduled theme of the month... icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm
post #196 of 196

My condolences Bob. You were a very good friend to her. My prayers are with you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%