Okay, this is more of a chocolate question maybe, but here it goes..
Where might I acquire a can of COLD SPRAY to keep the chocolate together as they do on those food challenges?
And also, wouldn't cold spray work to hold two HARD Poured Sugar molds togther?
i think it's just the compressed air in a can. not sure though.
I work in a dental office and we use CO2 in a can also known as cold spray. I'm not sure where you could get it but we get ours from dental supplier.
Pastrychef.com has it for about 28.00, and you can keyword chocolate freeze spray.
Don't know about holding the sugar together; I'm thinking no, because sugar needs to harden, and I think it does that with time, not with cold. But I'm not a sugarwork expert...anyone?? anyone??
No it will not work on sugar pieces unless you want to ruin them. Best way to preserve sugar pieces is to use sodium choloride, lime rocks or silca gels place a piece of wax paper between the inhibitor and your work. If your wanting to hold the molds together use a propane torch and a knife that you don't want, heat the knife tip to red hot and run it quickly over the piece to be glued then stick it quickly in place you may have to hold it for few seconds.
SORRY FOR THE QUESTION, BUT WHERE DO YOU BUY THE COLD SPRAY?
you do not need to buy this from a pastry store. you can get it, and get it CHEAP from staples, office depot, walmart, etc. It is what they sell to "clean electronics/keyboard" it is exactly the same thing.
It is liquid air..you can buy it at most office supplt stores to clean keyboards etc..like jastaus mentioned...
i heard that the liquid air stuff is not food safe??
Ohh Sorry..I'm not sure about that cause I've never used it but make sure you check the labels on anything before you buy it!!
I've heard that it is not food safe but then it was determined that if they approved the staples clean spray, they couldn't charge $28 anymore..... I really think it is the same thing.
I used a can of the stuff you get at the office supply store and it worked; HOWEVER they add a bitterant to it, so it makes it completely inedible. Buy the food safe stuff or make sure you don't have one with the bitterant.
I think all the cans of air sold in stores has a bitterant in it. Only use that for inedible items.