Chocolate Cold Spray

Sugar Work By skylightsky Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 10:15pm by jolmk

skylightsky Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 15

Okay, this is more of a chocolate question maybe, but here it goes..

Where might I acquire a can of COLD SPRAY to keep the chocolate together as they do on those food challenges?

And also, wouldn't cold spray work to hold two HARD Poured Sugar molds togther?

14 replies
lasidus1 Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 15

i think it's just the compressed air in a can. not sure though.

Momof4luvscakes Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 15

I work in a dental office and we use CO2 in a can also known as cold spray. I'm not sure where you could get it but we get ours from dental supplier.

karensjustdessert Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 15 has it for about 28.00, and you can keyword chocolate freeze spray.
Don't know about holding the sugar together; I'm thinking no, because sugar needs to harden, and I think it does that with time, not with cold. But I'm not a sugarwork expert...anyone?? anyone??

SugarCreations Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 15

No it will not work on sugar pieces unless you want to ruin them. Best way to preserve sugar pieces is to use sodium choloride, lime rocks or silca gels place a piece of wax paper between the inhibitor and your work. If your wanting to hold the molds together use a propane torch and a knife that you don't want, heat the knife tip to red hot and run it quickly over the piece to be glued then stick it quickly in place you may have to hold it for few seconds.

Rgds Sugarcreations

shrek Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 15


moydear77 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 15

Doug Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:47pm
post #8 of 15


jastaus Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 15

you do not need to buy this from a pastry store. you can get it, and get it CHEAP from staples, office depot, walmart, etc. It is what they sell to "clean electronics/keyboard" it is exactly the same thing. icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:55pm
post #10 of 15

It is liquid can buy it at most office supplt stores to clean keyboards jastaus mentioned...

cakefairy18 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 3:59pm
post #11 of 15

i heard that the liquid air stuff is not food safe??

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 4:39pm
post #12 of 15

Ohh Sorry..I'm not sure about that cause I've never used it but make sure you check the labels on anything before you buy it!!

CakeDiva73 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 4:47pm
post #13 of 15

I've heard that it is not food safe but then it was determined that if they approved the staples clean spray, they couldn't charge $28 anymore..... icon_lol.gif I really think it is the same thing.

babzilla Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:00am
post #14 of 15

I used a can of the stuff you get at the office supply store and it worked; HOWEVER they add a bitterant to it, so it makes it completely inedible. Buy the food safe stuff or make sure you don't have one with the bitterant.

jolmk Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 15

I think all the cans of air sold in stores has a bitterant in it. Only use that for inedible items.

Quote by @%username% on %date%