Making And Storing Mmf

Decorating By Danni Updated 11 Sep 2006 , 2:06am by paiges

Danni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danni Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 4

I have been making cakes for about 4 years and the only Fondant that I have used as Wilton and it was discusting (sp?). I want to try using MMF, but was curious on how long it could be stored once it was made and how to store it. The recipes seem easy to make, so I would like to make some know for future use.

3 replies
cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 4

I think it lasts a good while - just like the marshmallow would. I made some and stored it in a ziploc with all the air squeezed out.

mrskennyprice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrskennyprice Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 4

I think you're right Cowdex - I've got some leftover in a tupperware that I keep saying I'm going to nuke to soften and then roll into pearls for future use! I don't even know how old it is....I may find it's past its prime! I don't think its a good idea to store it in the fridge, though, too moist I would think.

paiges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paiges Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 2:06am
post #4 of 4

I store my MMF for months at a time in the fridge. If you think about it, there really isn't anything in the ingredients that is perishable. When I am ready to use it, I put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and then knead it with well Crisco'ed hands. I have never had a problem. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%