Ugh! I Am Such A Dork!

Decorating By lasidus1 Updated 16 Jul 2006 , 12:03pm by bodaisy

lasidus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasidus1 Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:09am
post #1 of 21

So, I want to make a big tiered cake tonight, just for fun/practice. I get everything gathered and realize i don't have enough eggs. fine enough. to the store i go. now, i decide to go and get more mixes and pudding etc, and even fixodent for drying fondant faster.

get home, and guess what. TOTALLY, and i mean TOTALLY, forgot the eggs. icon_cry.gificon_mad.gifdunce.gif

just thought i'd share. hehe.

20 replies
aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:12am
post #2 of 21

I hate that! You're not alone. Brown sugar tends to be my missing ingredient.

Genna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genna Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:13am
post #3 of 21

LOL! You are NOT alone!

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:16am
post #4 of 21

lol I have done the very same thing many times!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:17am
post #5 of 21

how many trips does it take to make a cake....

oh about one per ingredient!

LOL...been there..done that!

lasidus1 Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:20am
post #6 of 21

haha, i am so not going out again.

i have called in a delivery by my boyfriend.

such a good shopping method icon_biggrin.gif

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 4:14am
post #7 of 21

Good thing I don't bake cakes by scratch much. We didn't have any baking powder for about a month. It was the only thing I kept forgetting at the store.

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 4:23am
post #8 of 21

And I though I was the only cake baking dork out there...glad to know I'm not alone.

I just did the same thing yesterday. I came out of the store with $186 dollars worth of everything but eggs.

On the bright side, pow. sugar was on sale - 45 cents off per bag - so I bough 20 bags. My daugher said she was going to die of embarrasment because I had so many bags in our cart. And then, when we got home to start baking - she called me a "dork" because I forgot the eggs.....oh well...

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 4:30am
post #9 of 21

I do that kind of thing all the time! This week it happened- sort of. My husband and I were in the grocery store buying ingredients for 2 cakes I had to make for a bake sale at the church carnival. I turned to him and asked if he thought we had enough eggs, he said we had plenty. icon_confused.gif I was planning on using the cake extender and needed 8 eggs total- I got home and there were 6. Guess who was sent back to the store??? !!! my DH!! LOL icon_lol.gif It was hard to keep my mouth shut and not make a wise comment! tapedshut.gif

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 4:31am
post #10 of 21

I can relate..... LOL

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 5:38am
post #11 of 21

I have so done that!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I've driven all the way to the store and have forgotten what the heck I went there to get. That sucks!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I had to go get more butter the other day after I had already sifted my dry ing. and started the saucepan ing, minus butter of course!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 4:30pm
post #12 of 21

Oh, I have done that so many times......... Spend $50 and forget the one thing you went for...... yep, that's me.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 21

Happens to me ALL the time!!!!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 5:06pm
post #14 of 21

Don't feel bad, we've all done something like this before.

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 7:10pm
post #15 of 21

The only time it seems I don't forget to buy what I went for, is if I don't go at all!!! icon_biggrin.gif Today I forgot orange juice for orange cake, wax paper for smoothing, cake boards, and I forget what else. I'll have to go back tomorrow to get it all. icon_lol.gif

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:38pm
post #16 of 21

Did the same thing today for cream cheese!! AGGHHHHH

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:51pm
post #17 of 21

I'm at the grocery store so often (because I forget things even when they're right there on my LIST), the people who work there say "You're back AGAIN???!!! But I can top that, the other day I spent about 5 minutes tearing my kitchen drawer apart looking for candles to go on a birthday cake - getting madder and madder by the minute because I KNEW they had to be in there.........they were in my HAND the whole time!!

lasidus1 Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 9:09pm
post #18 of 21

hahahahaa that is funny icon_lol.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 9:29pm
post #19 of 21

Count me in on several EXTRA trips a week back to the grocers!!! Years ago when my son was in college, he told me that I would forget my head if it wasn't attached!!!!!!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:26am
post #20 of 21

So glad to hear i'm not alone. Been there and done that so many times icon_rolleyes.gif Makes me wonder about my sanity at times icon_confused.gif

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 12:03pm
post #21 of 21

I did this last night!! :0( went to get ingredients for two recipes... (did I make a list?.........OH NO) and forgot the main ingredient!!! I was in wal-mart TWICE yesterday..wasn't going a third time. I'll wait until later today to go to the store..

don't you hate when that happens??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%