Wedding Cake Surprise Challenge

Decorating By oceanspitfire Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 6:06pm by weirkd

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:14am
post #1 of 19

anyone see the episode today? OMG I hate TVs sometimes lol. I was watching foodnetwork at my sister's house and the cable cut out just during the last commercial when they were about to say which cake the couple decided to go with icon_sad.gif( So i'm wondering if any one can tell me which cake was chosen. PLEASE DONT KEEP ME IN SUSPENSE ! LOL

18 replies
SweetTcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTcakes Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:20am
post #2 of 19

This years winner was Michelle Bomarino and last year was Marina Sousa. I did see which one was on last night. So I hope this helps.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:25am
post #3 of 19

Yah, Michelle was the one that had the books on the bottom of the cake and they liked her chocolate cake in the tasting. Glad to see her win one!

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:29am
post #4 of 19

our cable went out too...

was her cake the one with the luggage at the bottom? i don't remember any books...

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:49am
post #5 of 19

She was going to put two books in the decoration. But ran out of time so she did just one book.

weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:54am
post #6 of 19

Yep, she had luggage also. Definetly not what you would think a wedding cake would be. But thats what they wanted. I liked Marco Antonio's two cakes. He was the one that was finished way ahead of time.

SweetTcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTcakes Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:07am
post #7 of 19

I liked his cake but not his attitude. He came off a little snooty to me. Great cake though.

weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:16am
post #8 of 19

Yah, I thought that too but I didnt want to say it!!!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:06am
post #9 of 19

His name is Buddy. I was at that challenge and he was actually very nice. I think we forget that this is television and with that comes Drama.

weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:12pm
post #10 of 19

LOL. Yah, they have to make it worth our while to watch!! Did anyone catch the cake that Maria Sousa made for the Fantasy Wedding? It was actually one of the guys from the FN getting married. Her cake was gorgeous!

micfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micfish Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 19

Unfortunately, my tv also went out... well the Food Network and HGTV(only two channels with anything on worth watching!). Arggghhh!!! Glad to see everyone talking about it here so i can catch up. Hope they repeat this program!

weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:30pm
post #12 of 19

I hate when that happens! I tivo all the episodes so I can pause them and look at stuff close up. The only thing I didnt get was the actual wedding episode where they featured the cake from Michelle B. But Im sure they will rerun it again sometime.

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 3:07pm
post #13 of 19

I love buddy!! he is such a ny/nj type guy!!i think they made him come off that way, but any other time i have seen him he is funny and sweet!! His cake was beautiful and it seemed to me almost like the bride and groom just didn't like him from the beginning

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 10:41pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

I hate when that happens! I tivo all the episodes so I can pause them and look at stuff close up. The only thing I didnt get was the actual wedding episode where they featured the cake from Michelle B. But Im sure they will rerun it again sometime.

They just showed a blurb at the end with the couple and the wedding. They showed the cutting of the cake and that was it. They did not have a show just showing that particular cake. Keegan the MC for FN is a darling. He is so funny to chat with and completetly adorable!

weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 11:57pm
post #15 of 19

At the beginning of it when the two guys were delivering the sugar sculpture, they showed it a few times. But I had to stop and pause it to really see the work. Thats where tivo came in handy!

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:07am
post #16 of 19

oh thanks i'm glad i'm not the only one who lost TV reception lol. Quite aggravating as I dont (SHOCK) get Foodnetwork at home and the one day I'm watching like 4 hours of cake deco shows, i get to the end of that and it cuts out lol
and lol, yes i agree lots of those shows are about drama, but come on, i googled a few of the artists to see what else they do. Am glad that girl won, that guy was a real snob and i dont care what your cake looks like, if you are snooty and assuming like that- forget it, almost rewarding enough to say no to the guy just to deflate his huge ego a few notches icon_lol.gif

weirkd Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:07pm
post #17 of 19

Yah, I agree. They told him that they didnt like the writing and he had plenty of time to change it for them but he decided that he wasnt going to. He also had time to do a few other changes that they didnt like but he just sat back like he thought they were wrong or something. Cant win a challenge that way!
What kind of tv do you guys have? Satellite or cable? Seems like a lot of you are losing it' more than seein' it!

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 4:52pm
post #18 of 19

mine was cable...

weirkd Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:06pm
post #19 of 19

Gheesh! I have satellite and it doesnt go out that much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%