I Bought My Daughter A Bra Today

Lounge By karateka Updated 26 Jul 2006 , 9:08pm by SLK

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 34

I took her to get our hair cut. My stylist made a comment about how she's developing quickly. I had never thought much of it....she's always carried a little weight, but the doc says she's not too heavy for her height, so not to worry yet. But I did sorta see the stylist's point....so I thought I'd better get her a bra, so nobody starts to make fun of her. She was so excited. I can't believe this.....I'm not ready!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

33 replies
4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 34

Awww...hugs! icon_smile.gif

When it really sinks in is when her chest is perkier than yours (huh...they are SUPPOSED to be that high?) and guys start checking HER out...right in front of you...!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 34

karateka,

I feel your pain. My daughter is 11 and is just starting to develop. I telling her to stop growing up, but she tells me, "Sorry Momma, I can't help it!!" icon_lol.gif She is stuck right in the middle between big girl and little girl, and she is so sweet still. Enjoy it while you can because soon enough they don't want anything to do with mom. icon_cry.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 34

My daughters is 10½ y-o and been wearing a bra for a year now. It's hard to see your children grow up so fast. She's very tall for her age also. right now she's almost 5 feet tall, just a noch under the 5 feet mark. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH why are they growing up so fast!!!!!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 34

It's kinda scary actually. I asked my 9 year old daughter the other day if her "boobies" were growing too, and she tells me "Nope, not yet!!" icon_lol.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 34

I guess I'm blessed with a boy. (I think)

shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 34

My 7 and 9 yo step daughters have both been wearing them for over a year. Not that they need them, but they like em so I figgered I'd go with it so I didnt have to worry about em slippin out of the house with out em on. DH is sooo funny about it! When he is makeing jabes at me (in good fun) I look at him and stick my tongue out " Carol wears a braaaaaa!" lol

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 9:33pm
post #8 of 34

lol I bet she is thrilled! I remember I was when I got my first bra. I was about 8.(wow, it's already been 8 years?!) icon_smile.gif My mom was the same way. I was cursed though. My dad's mom is very large up top and I am bigger than most girls my age. icon_redface.gif Thanks granny. lol

shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 34

Countrygal, its not a curse! I wore a D cup in HS, had kidos, breasst fed and now im a b (a sad saggy little B) I tell people I dont want a boob job cause I have always wanted big boobs, I had big boobs, I liked haveing big boobs, and I want em back!!!

karateka Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 12:45am
post #10 of 34

I'm glad to hear some of your DD's started wearing them around 9. I was worried that I was jumping the gun....she's only 9 1/2. But I guess if you're showing enough for someone you don't know to comment, it's time. She's growing too fast!!! Slow down, girl! At least I don't have the other big thing to deal with yet.....I guess I should prepare myself... icon_cry.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:35am
post #11 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

At least I don't have the other big thing to deal with yet.....I guess I should prepare myself... icon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Praise God for that!!

My 11 year old is PMSing something fierce lately, and I keep wondering how much more time I have left before that one hits! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:48am
post #12 of 34

Copy & post at the front door and give to husbands: (saw this on another site)

10 Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk, you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
You think in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early".

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make
you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:
Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.
Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.
Places where there is darkness.
Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.
Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.
Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay.
Hockey games are okay.
Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car-there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:54am
post #13 of 34

I LOVE IT!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 2:18am
post #14 of 34

zamode--i love it

countrygal--i was big at a very young age & i understand the way you feel, it's not always a blessing...

i didn't breastfeed (a mistake, but at least my kids turned out okay) & i STILL have all & some more, and i'd give some way gladly--i need a reduction & lift icon_cry.gif

karateka Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 2:22am
post #15 of 34

OMG!!! That's hilarious!! Printing now!!!!

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:55pm
post #16 of 34

This post...shoulda been titled "Women only"...cause I got nothing. You think men are weird...all this talk about bras and cramping...

daltonam Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 2:17pm
post #17 of 34

welllll the title wasn't enough for you dale? i bet if it had read women only ALL of the guys would have checked it out icon_lol.gif if you have a daughter you can always print the dating rules out icon_lol.gif

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 2:31pm
post #18 of 34

My daughter was 2 when she had to start wearing deodarent. She was 7/8 when she started her period. When she was 10 she looked like she was 15. You talk about hard!!! She is now a beautiful 14 year old and all her other friends have finally started catching up to her. She is now average for her height (well, maybe a little on the short side) where she used to be taller then everyone. Caitlin was born with hydrocephalus and had to have numerous brain surgeries (the first one when she was 2 weeks old) and each time they did surgery it sped up her hormones so she developed a lot faster than other girls. I have a 11 year old, too. She is just now starting to develope and needs a bra. I'm dreading the day she starts her period. She is such a tomboy.

BTW - sorry Doug! Ought to know better then to check out a post with the heading of "I had to go buy my daughter a bra!".

Dale Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 7:48pm
post #19 of 34

Doug.?..I see how easily I can be confused with others around here! Least he's a good guy!

I have a daughter, 11 years old.
She shoved a bloody tissue in my face and said "Look"
I said "Nose bleed?"
No.
"Picking a scab?"
No.
"What then?"
"It's from down there."
Me "You mean down there down there?"
Yes.
Me. "Oh god, get it outta my face, where's your mother! Arghhhhh!"

I'm scarred for life.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 7:54pm
post #20 of 34

my only comments....

poor dale, you shouldn't insult him like that.....but thanks for the compliment in comparing me to dale...tho' he wins for looks and humor..that's for sure!!!!!

and

re: everything else here---

T M I ! ! ! !

daltonam Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 3:18am
post #21 of 34

boys, boys, boys......do we need to request a girl's only icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

OH & DALE THAT CRAP IS FUNNY Image

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 4:59am
post #22 of 34

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I had to come in just to see what it was Dale and Doug could've contributed to this thread!!!! icon_lol.gif

Jessg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessg Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 5:13am
post #23 of 34

I was in 3 grade when i started wearing a bra and by the time i was 11 i had a period and start shaving my legs and by the time i wa sin h/s i was a 38 c now i m a 42 d.

Jessica

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 12:15pm
post #24 of 34

Sorry Dale! You guys are just so similar in comments that you make!!!

daltonam Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 1:52pm
post #25 of 34

gilson6--that had to have been very hard on your dd--wow what a childhood, i glad her friends finally caught up with her.

countrygal Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:30pm
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelain22

Countrygal, its not a curse! I wore a D cup in HS, had kidos, breasst fed and now im a b (a sad saggy little B) I tell people I dont want a boob job cause I have always wanted big boobs, I had big boobs, I liked haveing big boobs, and I want em back!!!

They get too much attention. I don't like that, it's a very uncomfortable feeling....especially when the people staring are men.

Jami cowboy.gif

Dale Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:01pm
post #27 of 34

I have never stared at "them." Ever.

countrygal Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:58pm
post #28 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

I have never stared at "them." Ever.

Rrreeeaaalllllyyy now? icon_twisted.gif

Dale Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 10:18pm
post #29 of 34

Well...maybe just once...but they were on display...low cut shirt, poppin out everywhere like a big thing of Jiffy Pop.

I couldnt help it, like big ole magnets...ya just had to look...almost like entrapment. Yup...I was framed.

countrygal Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 11:48pm
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Well...maybe just once...but they were on display...low cut shirt, poppin out everywhere like a big thing of Jiffy Pop.

I couldnt help it, like big ole magnets...ya just had to look...almost like entrapment. Yup...I was framed.

Ha ah! Caught ya red handed! detective.gif

I know what you mean though. Even us WOMEN look when girls like that walk by. Soooooooo, you are off the hook this time. Just you wait, Henry Higgins! I'll get you yet! icon_wink.gif

I wonder what the mothers of all the girls who walk around like that think? My mom has already told me that if I walk out the house like that i'm grounded for life! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%