Cookie Clue - June 2007 Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 9:24pm by sweeteecakes

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:29am
post #1 of 32

Hello fellow cookie addicts!!!!

June 2007 theme: June Weddings

Remember, anyone can participate! Here are the established cookie club guidelines, with some additional clarifications based on questions that have been posed lately:

* You can use any medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your cookies and any techniques that you used, the type of cookie, etc..

* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). If you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme please no not use it for this cookie club theme. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing and produce something new.

* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or the cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). Even though there has been some discussion about this, and we tried eliminating this guideline for a couple of months, if we post to the gallery right away, it seems to lessen the flow of traffic to this thread. Therefore, we will return to each picture being new and not previously/currently uploaded to the Galleries.

* Please post pictures in this thread. Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please post a maximum of 3 pictures per person in this thread for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one photo post. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you want to the galleries.

* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Bonniebakes or me (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread and any PMs Bonniebakes or I receive, not necessarily by an actual vote count) and the new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnt chosen in one particular month, please feel free to suggest it again in the future!

* Although we should connect to the theme, sometimes the connection isnt obvious to other people. In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).

Any questions? PM me!

Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the cookies!!!!

31 replies
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:33am
post #2 of 32

Oopsie I forgot to mention, please try to keep the thread related to the theme. We don't want to find ourselves in a position where the threads are being moved to the naughty section because the conversation took an unexpected turn.

Thanks for understanding.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:45am
post #3 of 32

June weddings it is then! icon_smile.gif I am wondering about that though, since both Bubba and Under the Sea were far more prominent suggestions in the suggestions thread. How did June weddings gain such prominence when they were barely mentioned in the other thread?

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 2:18am
post #4 of 32

good question bob..... but easily sloved I reck'n. A bubba Wedding under the see. icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 2:35am
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyannAutumn

good question bob..... but easily sloved I reck'n. A bubba Wedding under the see. icon_lol.gif

With the red flannel speedos! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 2:44am
post #6 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

June weddings it is then! icon_smile.gif I am wondering about that though, since both Bubba and Under the Sea were far more prominent suggestions in the suggestions thread. How did June weddings gain such prominence when they were barely mentioned in the other thread?

LOL, you are so busted!!!!!!!! I can tell you did not read the guidelines above icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

OK here is the paragraph that answers your question.

Quote:
Quote:

* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Bonniebakes or me (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread and any PMs Bonniebakes or I receive, not necessarily by an actual vote count) and the new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnt chosen in one particular month, please feel free to suggest it again in the future!

Cake_Princess

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 2:53am
post #7 of 32

But that's my question -- if you look at the June suggestions thread, it was brought up a little bit, but there was a lot more support on that thread for other topics. Are you saying you both received many PMs with the June weddings topic being suggested? Would it not be better to take a public vote? We could try it one month and see how it works.

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 4:10am
post #8 of 32

Bonnie and I discussed the suggestion. Based on the suggestions we thought June weddings was the best theme for the month. If you have any further questions about how we decide on which topic please feel free to private message me.

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 11:18pm
post #9 of 32

Did anyone else notice that it says Cookie "Clue" instead of club? I was all excited thinking someone started a cookie sleuth game ROFL. I must say this theme is not my favorite, and is leaving me cold, but if I can think of something to do, I will try and find time to do it.

Cake_Princess Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 11:38pm
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfl

Did anyone else notice that it says Cookie "Clue" instead of club? I was all excited thinking someone started a cookie sleuth game ROFL. I must say this theme is not my favorite, and is leaving me cold, but if I can think of something to do, I will try and find time to do it.

Chalk it up to poor typing skills... LOL... joking. I was a bit tired when I did the post and typed clue, I never even noticed it until I went back to the post to edit the thread. Then I was like who changed the topic to Cookie Clue... LOL It's ok the title has grown on me.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 2:03pm
post #11 of 32

darn...i thought it was something exciting too

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 2:41pm
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfl

Chalk it up to poor typing skills... LOL... joking. I was a bit tired when I did the post and typed clue, I never even noticed it until I went back to the post to edit the thread. Then I was like who changed the topic to Cookie Clue... LOL It's ok the title has grown on me.

Hmm am I seeing a theme for next month already? "Clue" We only post a portion of the cookie that we decorated and then we have to figure out what it is before the final picture of the whole cookie is posted?

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 2:43pm
post #13 of 32

Leily that's a GREAT idea!!!

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:23pm
post #14 of 32
Quote:

Oopsie I forgot to mention, please try to keep the thread related to the theme. We don't want to find ourselves in a position where the threads are being moved to the naughty section because the conversation took an unexpected turn.

Thanks for understanding.

icon_redface.gif Sorry.... will try not to bring up POTC again here. icon_redface.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 11:44pm
post #15 of 32
Quote:

Bonnie and I discussed the suggestion. Based on the suggestions we thought June weddings was the best theme for the month. If you have any further questions about how we decide on which topic please feel free to private message me.

Princess check your PMs please.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:56am
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

icon_redface.gif Sorry.... will try not to bring up POTC again here.

*nudges Rikke* It was funny though. I'm guilty too icon_wink.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 1:16am
post #17 of 32

Hey everyone -

I just got back from visiting my family out of state (I had only been on CC once while I was gone, and only for a few minutes). I received a few PMs about the theme that was chosen by Cake_Princess for June, and I just read the suggestions thread that I started for June in it's entirety.

I wanted to post a response here too, in case anyone else had questions about how the themes are chosen. I can't speak for Cake_Princess, but I can tell you how I usually choose the theme.

If there is a clear theme idea that has the most support, then I choose that one. If there are two or three themes that are all getting a lot of support I try to go with whatever theme is the consensus of the group (I usually give a little more weight to one that is particularly related to that specific month) - I usually list the top few themes and ask for feedback a day or two before the final decision. Then I choose one of those based on the rest of the feedback I get. I do get some pms, but most people state their preferences in the thread.

I just tallied the suggestions/support from the suggestions thread and in that thread only (not counting any PMs received by me or Cake_Princess) and tallying each persons vote only once (several people voted for the same theme several times within the same thread) the tallies for under the sea and weddings were almost exactly the same.

In the first post each month you will see this from the original guidelines when Cake_Princess started the Cookie Club:

Quote:
Quote:

The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Bonniebakes or me (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread and any PMs Bonniebakes or I receive, not necessarily by an actual vote count) and the new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnt chosen in one particular month, please feel free to suggest it again in the future!

I know that when the theme that you hope for doesn't get chosen it can be frustrating, but please keep in mind that we choose a new theme each month and just because it wasn't the one for this month doesn't mean it won't be the theme another time. Keep suggesting it!

If there is a month that I don't particularly like the theme chosen, I just don't contribute to the cookie club that month and instead just watch in awe of the great creations from the other members who are more creative than I am!

I hope this clarifies the process some for you all. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me!

Bonnie

kneadacookie Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 9:52am
post #18 of 32

i voted for under the sea...but bonniebakes is right, if i don't want to participate i don't have to. it's only 1 month. maybe next month will be under the sea. this is just supposed to be fun.....

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 11:25am
post #19 of 32

I agree, the cookie club is supposed to be fun icon_biggrin.gif . I also voted for "under the sea" but maybe it will be next month's theme.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:40pm
post #20 of 32

freddyfl (and everyoen else) - I am sorry that your impressiion was that I was being dishonest. I was not. And I was not trying to start trouble. However, looking at your tally, compared to the tally that I did last night, I see that we did not come up with the same results, or the same categories.

I feel like I should just stop posting. I do not want to add fuel to the fire and I don't want this to be a negative thing. But I do feel like I have to defend myself for being called "dishonest." These are the results I got from the tally I did - not including the ones that were suggested less than 2 times (and I am only human, so I will readily admit that perhaps my counting was off):

graduation - 3
vacation - 5
summer/beach - 7
swimming - 2
weddings - 8
under the sea - 10
bugs - 5 (but we already had this theme)

I do not want to cause trouble. I am actually a very honest person, and I take offense to someone saying otherwise - particularly without giving me the benfit of doubt, in a public forum, where the person accusing may not know the entire story. I have heard that some people think that I am unresponsive to PMs. I am sorry if anyone feels that way, but that is not true. I do not come onto CakeCentral every day, but I respond to every PM that I ever get. If I have not responded to a PM that someone here has sent me, it is not becuase I was ignoring you. It was because I did not get it.

I am only involved in the theme threads to help out Cake_Princess, who started this club, so that she didn't have to do all the work herself. I was not in any way trying to be bossy or take over anything. I am sorry if I gave that impression. I do not think of it as "my" club. If people are not happy with what I am doing, I will step aside and let someone else do the work. I just hope that someone keeps it going, because I think it's great to see everyone's creativity in a medium that I really enjoy.

Bonnie

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:48pm
post #21 of 32

I think this is really stubid... Just relax everyone, why step down? this is maybe a new club for me, but it is supose to be fun right?

So Bonni keep working for our fun icon_wink.gif

It dosent matter who is right or wrong, just we all try to be creativ and have fun. Next month might be the under sea theme, or the next.

JUST ALL HAVE FUN.... icon_smile.gif

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:53pm
post #22 of 32

You all are right it should be fun....I am trying to delete the tally, but it won't let me edit my post...for whatever reason. I should have kept it to a PM and didn't, so I apologize. It is just cookies it shouldn't be about a power struggle. Please excuse my lack of fun. =)

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:48pm
post #23 of 32

Perhaps this thread could be deleted, and a new one created as there have been no cookies posted as of yet?

bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:01pm
post #24 of 32

I still have a question. If Bonnie says this was her tally:
graduation - 3
vacation - 5
summer/beach - 7
swimming - 2
weddings - 8
under the sea - 10
bugs - 5 (but we already had this theme)

then weddings received 8 votes. Under the Sea received 10 votes. Yet the June theme is "June Weddings." ??? I'm sorry, I just don't understand the logic in picking that theme.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:19pm
post #25 of 32

The 'under the sea' theme is used in the cake club thread for June. I see no need to duplicate themes.

bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:42pm
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

The 'under the sea' theme is used in the cake club thread for June. I see no need to duplicate themes.

The other thread is not exclusive to cakes, it is a theme thread designed for use in ANY medium. It was also started to accomodate the wishes of the people who felt that the popular vote was overlooked in the cookie club.

kneadacookie Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:10am
post #27 of 32

BOB....give it up already! the theme is weddings. i think we should all move on!!
Bonnie, don't step down. this is all for fun!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:51am
post #28 of 32

I'd like to add that I started the other thread with support from members who are not exclusive to cookies because we wanted to expand the idea and incorporate all edible mediums. Under the Sea was chosen as the opening theme because it had been so popular here but not chosen. I hope that those who are interested in that theme will post there, and anyone who wishes to do the wedding theme will post here, and that some people will post in both! I don't feel these threads are competition to each other, as they are different themes and different mediums. I think they can co-exist peacefully, and am excited to see where the expanded idea can go!

Cake_Princess Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 6:25am
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Perhaps this thread could be deleted, and a new one created as there have been no cookies posted as of yet?

Good suggestion this is suppose to be fun so i will create a new thread for those that want to submit cookies.

Happy Baking

kneadacookie Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:56pm
post #30 of 32

thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%