Cake Show On Diy

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 30 May 2005 , 10:37pm by ntertayneme

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 28 May 2005 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 14

Starting Monday the 30th on DIY at 2:30 there will be a cake decorating show on for 30 minutes everyday this coming week. Each day it shows you something different. I am going to check it out and just wanted to let you guys know. oh yeah when i say 2:30 im talking central time. lol dont want you guys in other time zones to miss it.

Susan

13 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 28 May 2005 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmm23

Starting Monday the 30th on DIY at 2:30 there will be a cake decorating show on for 30 minutes everyday this coming week. Each day it shows you something different. I am going to check it out and just wanted to let you guys know. oh yeah when i say 2:30 im talking central time. lol dont want you guys in other time zones to miss it.

Susan

cool! wht is diy?

susanmm23 Posted 28 May 2005 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 14

DIY is DO IT YOURSELF station. they have all kinds of shows on i dont usually watch the station but one time i saw they had a cake decorating show. I missed it though and so now i check every week for it to come back on and it has. we have direct tv im not sure if its a station offered on reg cable.

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 28 May 2005 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 14

Oh man, we just have regular cable so I won't get to see it! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif You'll have to let us know if they have something really unique on there.

susanmm23 Posted 28 May 2005 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 14

Yeah im excited , i hope im not disappointed though. Each day they show you something different. I plan on recording it so if its good maybe i can send you a copy or something.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 28 May 2005 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 14

Another good show is Sandra Lee's semi-homemade on the food network. She gives lots of ideas on different ways to flavor box cake mixes, and other decorating tips.
traci icon_razz.gif

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 28 May 2005 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by traci

Another good show is Sandra Lee's semi-homemade on the food network. She gives lots of ideas on different ways to flavor box cake mixes, and other decorating tips.
traci icon_razz.gif

when does that come on?

susanmm23 Posted 28 May 2005 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 14

foodnetwork i think

gotcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gotcake Posted 28 May 2005 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 14

I just checked it out online at DIY here is the link ...you can checkout the shows to be aired. Pretty cool Susanmm23!

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_cak/0,2044,DIY_14269,00.html

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:40pm
post #10 of 14

Semi-homemade comes on Sat. mornings. What you could do is go on FoodNetwork.com and look specifically when it airs on your time zone.
traci

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 29 May 2005 , 4:44pm
post #11 of 14

Woooohoooo!! I have dish network .. now I have to find the channel .. I know I have it, but I'll have to flip through and find it lol ... thanks for letting us all know about it... icon_smile.gif

susanmm23 Posted 30 May 2005 , 10:15pm
post #12 of 14

ok so i watched the show today.......

i was disappointed. They dont tell you how to do anything really. I mean no flowers thenwhen he was actually incing teh cake he gets the top done and then they go to commercial when the show came back on he was finished. it did give a few recipes i might try the german buttercream he did hopefully tomorrows show will be better.

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 30 May 2005 , 10:16pm
post #13 of 14

maybe tomorrow will be better...keep us updated.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 30 May 2005 , 10:37pm
post #14 of 14

I missed it .. had to run to town and didn't make it back in time ... while on my way to town; however, I got another order for a wedding cake for September 17th ... same cake as I did this past weekend .. lol ... not a bad cake to do.. but I'm glad it's not red velvet! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%