Cannoli Cream Filled Cake

Decorating By mizshelli Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm by karapags

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 14

Well, it's done and in my photos. A SUPER DUPER rich chocolate cake torted into 5 layers and filled with cannoli cream, covered in ganache and chocolate covered strawberries. It's for the family, and let me tell you the cannoli cream is to DIE FOR!!!
Thanks everyone for all the advice and recipes icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 14

Looks pretty darn delicious too nice job can you email me a slice pls? lol

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 14

just looked at your pic, it looks great... do you mind sharing your canolli cream receipe?

Thank you!!

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:54am
post #4 of 14

Just looked at your pic, wow it looks delicious!! Would also like the recipe if you would't mind.

Thanks,
katwomen1up

mizshelli Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 14

I posted the recipes in the recipe section, in case it doesn't come up, here it is too.

Super Duper Rich Chocolate Cake:
3/4 cup butter
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4oz melted semisweet or dark chocolate (65% cacao or more)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream

Directions
1. Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease bottoms of two 8x8x2-inch square or 9x1-1/2-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper. Grease and lightly flour bottoms and sides of pans. Or, grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set pan(s) aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder; and salt; set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined (3 to 4 minutes). Scrape sides of bowl; continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes more. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition (about 1 minute total). Beat in vanilla.

3. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed just until combined after each addition. Beat on medium to high speed for 20 seconds more. Spread batter into the prepared pan(s).

4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes for 8-inch pans and 13x9x2-inch pan, 30 to 35 minutes for 9-inch pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Peel off waxed paper. Cool thoroughly on racks. Or, place 13x9x2-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly. Cake is covered with chocolate ganache---12 ozs chocolate, 2 c heavy cream, cooled and poured on cake.

5. Makes 12 to 16 servings

Cannoli Filling:

1 cup heavy cream
2 pounds ricotta
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons nut-flavored liqueur
1/2 cup chopped pistachios

In a mixing bowl whip the cream. Fold in the ricotta with a rubber spatula, working until creamy. Fold in the sugar, nut liqueur, and candied fruit.
LL

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 14

Looks great and you just gave me an idea. My 20th anniv is coming up and we can cannoli filling for our wedding cake!!! Thanks for posting that recipe!!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 14

ooooo looks dreamy. great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 3:37am
post #8 of 14

thank you so much, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl. Can never have too much Chocolate, and the Canoli filling is the icing on the cake!! icon_biggrin.gif

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 4:18am
post #9 of 14

your cake is beautiful...and thanks so much for sharing!!

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 11:36am
post #10 of 14

thanks for sharing your recipes. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Can you give me an idea how much candied fruit? And when do you add the pistachios?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:15pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks for those recipes! I need to try them soon!

mizshelli Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 3:23pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biya

thanks for sharing your recipes. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Can you give me an idea how much candied fruit? And when do you add the pistachios?

I added the pistachios to the cream after I chopped them up nice and fine. I didn't add the candied fruit, but I would chop it up real good and add it to the cream as well. Probably no more than 1/2 c of each in the cream, I actually had tripled that recipe and it made wayyyyy too much for the cake I was making. The recipe I posted on here is already doubled, and that will fill the cake.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 11:56am
post #13 of 14

thanks so much for the reply I went ahead and tried it yesterday. Couldn't stop licking my fingers!

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #14 of 14

It sounds so good. I have a cake due at the end of September so I will try this out.

Thanks so much,

Kara

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%