Please Give Me Instructions On Adding Pudding To Cake Mix!

Decorating By Susieindy Updated 1 Jun 2007 , 6:22pm by CustomCakesBySharon

Susieindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susieindy Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 12

Does adding pudding to a cake mix make the cake firmer in texture? I've never done this before. If so, do you just add the dry pudding to your cake mix and make the cake like normal? Do you use 1 pudding mix per cake mix, or what?

11 replies
pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 12

Yes, I've noticed my cakes are more dense and easier to handle when I added pudding.

Just add it to the mixer when adding your dry ingredients. I use 1 small instant package per mix.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 12

I use the Cake Doctor Book a lot and follow her instructions for adding pudding..... It's a good book for doctored mixes if you don't have it.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 12

Add one box off pudding and an additional egg to each cake. This makes the cake denser and more moist!!

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 12

i read on cc to add 1 box of pudding and one extra egg(plus all the other stuff the cake mix says to add). chocolate fudge cake with a box of chocolate fudge pudding is sooooooo good! dh drools until i let him have the cake scraps!! icon_lol.gif it doesn't even need icing!

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 12

I use the cake extender recipe, and use 2 (3.5 oz) pudding cups to mine. Does it make a difference using the dry pudding versus the pudding cups?

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 12

I only ever heard of using dry instant pudding mix.

MMorales11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMorales11 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 12

This brings me to another question. This may be a stupid question, but can you add the pudding mix to a scratch cake?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 12

I sift my dry ingredients together and then add to my mixer, including the pudding mix. I have never used pudding cups to do this but have heard of people on here doing quite regularly though with the same results.
I even have added pudding mix to my scratch recipes to moisten them up a bit.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:12pm
post #10 of 12

I use only dry pudding mix. I've also added mayo along with it instead of an extra egg. It makes it very moist.

ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:19pm
post #11 of 12

When I use cake mix it is Duncan Hines. I sift all the dry ingredients together in the mixing bowl and then add eggs and oil. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BEAT THE AMOUNT OF MINUTES IT SAYS ON THE BOX NO MATTER HOW MANY CAKE MIXES YOU HAVE IN THE KITCHENAID.
Yellow Cake Mix-Follow the recipe on the side of the box and add 1 envelope of dream whip.
Devils Food Cake Mix-Follow the recipe on the side of the box and add 1 envelope dream whip.
This works for me all the time!
Happy Baking and Decorating,
Chef Angie

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:22pm
post #12 of 12

the cake mix dr book is the best!

but yes, i've also just added one package of instant pudding and one extra egg to a mix - only thing i've noticed is that these cakes will fall easier than others.....so careful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%