Help Please!

Decorating By cakeartdiva Updated 31 May 2007 , 6:27pm by pmw109

cakeartdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeartdiva Posted 31 May 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 8

I posted under cake disasters but have not had a response.

I messed up on flavor of icing. Buttercream (even though that's what she stated in her letter) instead of whipped cream (which was what I gave her as a sample).

It's too late to change it now as I am delivering it very soon. Should I call her before I deliver? She's been very sweet and friendly.

Of course, I will refund her some money back and offer to give her a free cake.

Should I call before or tell her when I get there?

7 replies
IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 8

Call her and let her know..better that she be prepared.

A lesson here...always write everything down!!!

GamerGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GamerGirl Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 8

If she stated on her order that she wanted buttercream and that is what you gave her, I wouldn't worry about it and deliver.

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not very experienced yet but it seems a bit much to offer her a free cake AND money off the cake you are delivering....

sexyjoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexyjoy Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 8

if she stated it in her letter then relax... it's clear that she wanted to have a buttercream icing for her cake... but if its not then call her immediately and inform her. better give her 50% discount icon_wink.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 31 May 2007 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 8

Since she stated buttercream, I would not say anything. But if she calls to complain that she didn't like it or it wasn't what she had sampled, explain that you had been going by what her letter requested and at that time I might offer a free or discounted cake.

cakeartdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeartdiva Posted 31 May 2007 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 8

Now I'm not even sure. I know definitely it was whipped cream and strawberry filling. DH said not to worry about it if that's what she stated in the letter. If she brings it up afterwards then make amends, but it could be I did do buttercream and whipped cream filling.

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 31 May 2007 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 8

I would call and just give her a heads up, even though that is what she requested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%