Chocolate Raspberry Ganache

Decorating By ladij153 Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 3:39am by ladij153

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 7

does anyone have a receipe for Chocolate Raspberry Ganache they would be willing to share?? Is there a good raspberry extract or flavoring?? I need to fill a chocolate cake with it for this Saturday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA !

6 replies
darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 7

I normally just make a regular ganache recipe, and add raspberry extract to taste (A TBSP or so)... it's really delicious...

ladij153 Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Darlene, what brand do you use?? Have you ever used any of the Lorann flavors?? I can pick those up at our local restaurant supply.

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 7

You know what, the lorann oils etc would probably be way better... I just used the stuff you get at Walmart/Grocery stores etc by the vanilla... they have lots of flavors. if you use Lorann then you want to use a lot less for flavor.... just do it to taste...

Chocolate ganache with orange extract is to die for too icon_smile.gif

ladij153 Posted 30 May 2007 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you Darlene, I adore chocolate orange and that would have been my choice....but....what the customer wants.......!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:20am
post #6 of 7

Here is one on the ladycakes site. I believe the original recipe came from the cakelady, aka Gladyce. Anyway I have made it and it is very good, but I do not taste a lot of the raspberry flavor. Maybe the additional extract might beef up the raspberry.

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/choc__rasp__ganache.htm

ladij153 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:39am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Darlene and Melissa!! I appreciate your help!

I made some using 3 cups of heavy cream and 2 12 oz bags of Guittard Semi Sweet Choc Chips. I brought the cream just to a boil and removed from the heat. I poured in all the chocolate and after it was completely melted I added two teaspoons and a smidge of Loranns Raspberry Flavoring and about a 1/2 teaspoon of Loranns Tart and Sour enhancer.

I had my DH tast test it for me....he thought he'd died and gone to heaven!!! the friend I made the cake for and everyone at the party raved about it!!

Merissa, I would have used the recipe from ladycakes but I didn't see your post until after I made the recipe above. I will be trying that in the future.

I had some ganache left over so got it cold in the fridge and made some little balls and dipped them in white choc coating for truffles! I'll be taking them to work with me tomorrow.

Warmest wishes to both of you!
LuAnn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%