Would Love To See Home Kitchen Pictures

Business By maemae Updated 28 May 2008 , 5:10pm by JoAnnB

maemae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maemae Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 22

those of you that have "at home" licensed kitchens...could you share some photos...would love to see how everything is arranged....Thanks!

21 replies
FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 22

I too would love to see how they are layed out - especially the triple sinks. In PA a triple sink is required and I just can't figure where to fit it and I am lucky enough to have a fairly large kitchen. Great idea for a post! Can't wait to see the photos!!!

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 22

me too

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 22

I have photos in my gallery of my kitchen. It is about 12 x 15 built in about 2/3 of my garage

Net Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Net Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 22

I am fairly new here and haven't quite figured out how to look at an individual's photo gallery. Could someone tell me how to do this. Thanks

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 22

Net,
Just click on the little "photo" button under an individual's post. Not everyone has a gallery, but most people do..

Have fun!
Cindy

Net Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Net Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 22

Thanks cindww!
I felt so dumb just for asking. I love this site. Everybody here is so helpful about everything!

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 26 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

I have photos in my gallery of my kitchen. It is about 12 x 15 built in about 2/3 of my garage

I looked in your photos and see pictures of pretty cakes, but no kitchen ... am I missing something?

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:01am
post #9 of 22

I didn't see your kitchen either and your cakes are lovely

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:32am
post #10 of 22

I am in NC and there are no special requirements for me. Health dept inspector came out and told me that as long as we don't have any indoor pets (we don't), we don't sell anything that requires refrigeration after it leaves here (cheesecakes, etc.), and properly label everything, we don't have to meet any "special" regulations. So...my home-based cake kitchen is my family's kitchen. It just looks like your standard kitchen.

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:56am
post #11 of 22

If you will forgive the mess, here is a picture of my future kitchen. It is really close to being done, but the plumbing was just put in today and isn't quite finished and the electricity for the stove isn't hooked up yet. Mine is essentially a 12x10 room.

yelle66 Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:57am
post #12 of 22

Shoot, that didn't work. Let me try that again.
LL

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:11am
post #13 of 22

FatAndHappy
Where are you in pa? I did not need a 3 bay sink or anything else special. Just need to store things separate from personal stuff (just use separate shelve in fridge and cupboard)

As for how things are organized.....there not and I'm pulling out my hair any pics would be helpful

Val

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:12am
post #14 of 22

I too didn't see kitchen pics JoAnn.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:14pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

I too didn't see kitchen pics JoAnn.

Well that post where she said she had pictures of her kitchen in her gallery was from almost 2 years ago. She probably removed them from the gallery at some point for some reason. I'm sure if someone PM'd her and asked, she would provide the pictures if she still has them.

JoAnnB Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:31pm
post #16 of 22

I removed the photos, the gallery is supposed to be cake, not kitchens. They were in another post, I will try to find it. If not, I will add them to this thread later.

yelle66 Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #17 of 22

Oh wow, I didn't notice this was from 2 years ago, either. icon_redface.gif

JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:54am
post #18 of 22

Here are the pics of my kitchen. It is built within my garage. It is about 13x15. the bathroom is outside. You can't see the pantry which is to the right of the doorway. the movable island in the middle is one of my best ideas.
LL
LL
LL

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:58am
post #19 of 22

I'm wanting to do something similar so I can be legal here in TN. One ? for you JoAnn, do you like your double oven? I'm wanting one for personal cooking & thought about it for caking too. Of course a TV would be in my kitchen too!

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:11am
post #20 of 22

Thank you JoannB for posting your pictures! I too didn't realize this post was two years old! icon_redface.gif

Have you put all your pans in the kitchen cupboards? What about boxes and boards? It's the big stuff that keeps getting in my way and I'm not sure what to do with it.

I also need to find somewhere to put all the cake stands - they are just so big ....

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:29am
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

I'm wanting to do something similar so I can be legal here in TN. One ? for you JoAnn, do you like your double oven? I'm wanting one for personal cooking & thought about it for caking too. Of course a TV would be in my kitchen too!

I'd be interested to hear what folks with double ovens think, as well. When I went looking at them a week or two ago, the salesman (who's apparently fixed up a home baker or three) suggested the double oven, with a convection/microwave combo as the exhaust over the stove... giving me essentially three ovens. I"m just curious to see what others think of their doubles, before I go out and buy one. icon_smile.gif

Great thread!

JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:10pm
post #22 of 22

When I put in the kitchen, I was working as a personal chef, not baking as much. I love the Gemini. the lower oven is a bit inconvenient, but the upper oven heats in a flash.

If I had it to do over (about about $2,000) I would put in double wall ovens for more space.

As for storage, I have cupboards and shelves in the garage for pans, boards, boxes, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%