vixterfsu Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 10:54am
post #1 of 15

Okay, so I have this sitting in my cupboard since I saw it on earlenes
site, but I haven't used it. What does it taste like? And do you like
the results?

14 replies
girltrapped Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 11:13am
post #2 of 15

Just bought a new bottle yesterday! I get requests for the creme boquet about half the time in my bc frosting. Hard to explain the flavor so maybe try making a 1/4 or 1/2 batch of bc with it and see how you like it. All of my cake eaters enjoy it! Let me know how you like it.

puzzlegut Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 15

So would you use creme boquet in place of vanilla extract?

cakeymel Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 15

I use it and really like it. It tastes like citrus and I use it in combination with vanilla. A little goes a long way, use only 1/2 as much as you would use of vanilla. It truly enhances the flavor.

rezzygirl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 15

It has a citrus/vanilla flavor. I use it in addition to other flavors, but in small amounts. If used in large amounts, the citrus (lemony) flavor can overpower. Otherwise it adds a nice undertone that keeps em guessing.

JoanneK Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 15

I always use it. You must try it. It makes the buttercream icing tastes so much better. I use 1 tsp of van and 1 tsp of butter flavor (if I didn't use butter in the icing) and 1 tsp of cream bouquet.

Still use the vanilla though. They need to be used together to give a great flavor.

Samsgranny Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 15

So rezz, can you make a creme bouquet out of vanilla, almond and lemon and what proportions would you use. It sounds like it would taste awesome!

JanH Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 15

Personally, I'm addicted to creme bouquet!!!!

rezzygirl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 15

I've never made it myself, I use CK's. KitchenKrafts and Sugarcraft also sells it. It does taste awesome.

Samsgranny Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 15

As I have never tasted creme bouquet, what would you say is the most predominent flavor? The vanilla, then the almond with just a hint of lemon? Please advise.

rezzygirl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:14pm
post #11 of 15

IMO definitely lemon.

vixterfsu Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:18pm
post #12 of 15

Hey thanks guys for this info. will try next week and let you know.

songla Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:47pm
post #13 of 15

Hello, I use it for the sponge cake next to a little flavor to vanilla. Soon gravy the sponge cake with sirop of flavor to Captain Morgan (licor of spices) and the combination is very rich. I have never used it for frosting but I am going it to try to see that so it knows. In my opinion the flavor to cream bouquet is delicious and to my clients they like much. icon_smile.gif

Rodneyck Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 7:11pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

It has a citrus/vanilla flavor. I use it in addition to other flavors, but in small amounts. If used in large amounts, the citrus (lemony) flavor can overpower. Otherwise it adds a nice undertone that keeps em guessing.

I agree it has a citrus/vanilla/buttery taste combined. In fact, it reminds me of the smells and taste of baked goods from bakeries. I wonder if this is the stuff they use?

I use it in conjuction with vanilla, usually around 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp of creme bouquet. Good stuff..

williern Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 3:03am
post #15 of 15

AI just bought my first bottle of cream bouquet today! Live the smell.... Cant wait to make my birthday cake! White cake torted with raspberry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%