How Did You Come Up With Your "nickname"

Lounge By spottydog Updated 24 Jul 2006 , 5:26pm by daltonam

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 12:34am
post #1 of 72

I thought it might be fun to hear how everyone came up with their screen names or nicknames for CC.

I always used spottydog. I have a dalmation tatoo and have always had an intrest in the firehouse profession. I come from a family of fire fighters. People think it doesn't make sense because I have 2 american eskimos that are completely white and don't own a dalmation.

71 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 12:43am
post #2 of 72

it was the compromise between

"dug" (as in himself into a hole)

and

"dough" (as in shaped like a certain Pillsbury)

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 12:44am
post #3 of 72

peg is the nick name my hubby saddled me with years ago. 8 18 is my anniversary

spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 12:47am
post #4 of 72

peg that's sweet

doug....very creative. Now I just figured that was your name. OOPS

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 1:29am
post #5 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

peg that's sweet

OH SO DID I--I just thought that was your name--my name is the same one i use for my e-mail address--it's a combo of my son's name....

TATOO-- icon_surprised.gif well color me suprised--but in a good way--i'd get one but DH would crap bricks icon_lol.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:16am
post #6 of 72

Well, I guess mine is pretty obvious, I have a grandson by the name of Sam. He is 3 and will be 4 in October, he has a sister named Teyah that I call Tey for short.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:29am
post #7 of 72

mine is my and my dh's names backwards: ant n carla

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:33am
post #8 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by alracntna

mine is my and my dh's names backwards: ant n carla

i had already caught on to yours when i read your myspace name (i think that's where i seen it)--that's cool

& SAMS--yep i hoped that was what yours was all about icon_lol.gif

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:37am
post #9 of 72

OMG!!! spottydog, you read my mind. I swear I was going to post this topic myself. I thought about it while making my last cake. Anyway, MissT is from when my DH and I first starting dating and his kids were 3 & 4. Both had some speech problems and I knew saying my real name (Teresa) would be impossible for them, so I told them to call me Miss T. And since they are the reason I got involved in doing cakes in the first place, it seemed appropriate for CC.

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:05am
post #10 of 72

Mine is the initials of my first and middle name. My family calls me PJ and now my hubby and his family call me that. PJ is just too short, so I spell it Peajay (don't like the conotations for PEEJay LOL). The 66 is my year of birth.

icon_biggrin.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:30am
post #11 of 72

I love this post. Well mine is obvious but its my first name followd by my birthday. My email is more creative its AuntMo1998. My nephew who was born in 1998 calls me AuntMo.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:24am
post #12 of 72

Mine is because I do a lot of henna tattoos (in india henna is the paste, and mendhi is the actual design using henna) and I'm a girl icon_surprised.gif Sorry...it's late. Anyway this is a great post, because I wonder sometimes about different names.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 4:35am
post #13 of 72

I have 4 children, and I always tell them they are a gift from God. My name is Lisa. There ya go icon_smile.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:08am
post #14 of 72

Rezzycakes is also my business name but it's from when my mom and dad (I miss them!) called me Rezzy as a nickname. I'm also aunt Rezzy to my niece and nephews. My name is Lorez.

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 6:37am
post #15 of 72

oooh me me me LOL

my last name is thorner. I used to always use "ambermay" my middle and half my maiden name. BUT I set up and aol account for my FIL and called it Bigthorner so I became lilthorner. Now everbody who knows about me being on the computer so much calls me lilthorner.

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 10:30am
post #16 of 72

Oh well, I guess I am the only one with no imagination!
I thought you were with me Doug... icon_lol.gif

Maybe I need to rename myself...hmm...any ideas? icon_confused.gif

Regards Keira

spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 11:09am
post #17 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

peg that's sweet

OH SO DID I--I just thought that was your name--my name is the same one i use for my e-mail address--it's a combo of my son's name....

TATOO-- icon_surprised.gif well color me suprised--but in a good way--i'd get one but DH would crap bricks icon_lol.gif

Yeah most people are shocked when they see it....I wasn't thinking that day!

spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 11:14am
post #18 of 72

I love hearing the stories. When I signed on to CC I never thought I was going to be so addicted. I wish I had put more thought into mine. I have tried to change it but I guess you can't. I guess everyone knows me by spotty so I left it alone.

Can't wait to to what pinkopossum's definition is. icon_smile.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 12:53pm
post #19 of 72

My name is Emily.....my last name starts with a K......I like cakes.

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 1:30pm
post #20 of 72

Mine is pretty boring. It is just my first name and the first letter in my last name. I never thought I would be on here like I am or I would have come up with something better but at the time I just wanted to get on and see some of the cakes and didn't give it much thought. icon_lol.gif Oh well.

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 1:41pm
post #21 of 72

I am so glad you started this post, Spottydog, I always wonder how you guys came up with your 'names', and the meaning behind them.

And I am also like a couple of other people have said, when I joined CC, I wasn't really expecting to become as 'addicted' as I have. Had I known, I may have used my real name (Trish). But I guess it's fun to have a nickname.

So, NeeNee is my dad's nickname for me. He has a nickname for my sister and brother also. He rarely ever calls any of us by our 'real' names. So, I decided to use that and MY AGE!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
(can you tell I am having a hard time with the age thing?????)

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 1:42pm
post #22 of 72

Mine is the name of my business...I primarily do cakes for kids but lately alot of different stuff!! I thought it was catchy!!

spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:00pm
post #23 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeNee30

I am so glad you started this post, Spottydog, I always wonder how you guys came up with your 'names', and the meaning behind them.

And I am also like a couple of other people have said, when I joined CC, I wasn't really expecting to become as 'addicted' as I have. Had I known, I may have used my real name (Trish). But I guess it's fun to have a nickname.

So, NeeNee is my dad's nickname for me. He has a nickname for my sister and brother also. He rarely ever calls any of us by our 'real' names. So, I decided to use that and MY AGE!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
(can you tell I am having a hard time with the age thing?????)

I think your name is sooo cute! I figured it had to be given to you from a relitive icon_lol.gif

Kiddiekakes...I have always loved your nickname. It is very catchy thumbs_up.gif

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:11pm
post #24 of 72

bodaisy.... the bf's brother has a lab/rottie/shepard whom I fell in love with.. named Bo( who lived with us for awhile). Then the bf and I got a lab/dalmation and named her daisy. AND it also comes from my alltime favorite show in the world..Dukes of Hazzard!!!!!

I need to get one more dog and name him LUKE!!!! LOL sick huh???

bodaisy icon_wink.gif

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:15pm
post #25 of 72

Not much imagination here either. I trained in Karate for about 5 years and was about 6 months from my black belt when I had to quite, gosh that was about 4 years ago. WOW time whips by when you dont pay attention!

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:16pm
post #26 of 72

Ok, obviously my name is Marilyn. I have 2 boys who have always called me mommy. When my 2nd husband and I got married, his 2 kids wanted to call me "mommy" like my boys did. Their "mama" didn't like that, so they started calling me "Mommy Marilyn". That was 19 years ago! I love this thread, it's so interesting to see where all these names originated!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:37pm
post #27 of 72

I'm boring. Missy is my everyday nickname and E is the first intial of my middle name and K is the first intial of my last name. My given name is Miledy, which no one can pronouce, so I go by Missy.

rachmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachmakescakes Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:44pm
post #28 of 72

In 2004, I deleted my AOL account and had to think of a new screen name to use on AIM. I made one using cakerach and my boyfriend said he couldn't get used to it because my old one was in all caps. So he suggested RACH makes CAKES. I fell in love with the name. He liked it so much that he bought http://www.rachmakescakes.com and had my website designed for my birthday that year. It was one of the best and most thoughtful gifts I've ever received.

So now RACH makes CAKES is my user name everywhere (and that's what some people call me).

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:10pm
post #29 of 72

I've never been more than 10-15 lb overweight, but I just couldn't lose it. My brother made fun of me for joining Weight Watchers and dubbed me his "Fat-Sissy." It just stuck. I actually got kicked off of a weight loss site for using this name. I guess Fat-Sissy was offensive.

spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:13pm
post #30 of 72

LOL Sally....Too funny

I love hearing all these!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%