Refridgerating A Fondant Cake?

Decorating By traci Updated 26 May 2005 , 3:34pm by traci

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 26 May 2005 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 7

I know this may sound like a silly question, but can you refridgerate a fondant cake? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! icon_razz.gif
traci

6 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 26 May 2005 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by traci

I know this may sound like a silly question, but can you refridgerate a fondant cake? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! icon_razz.gif
traci

I did a fondant cake on mothers day and it was refridgerated til the next day... and it tasted great!

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 26 May 2005 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 7

You sure can.... not a problem at all

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 26 May 2005 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 7

You want to be careful when refrigerating fondant. It may sweat when you take it out of the refrigerator and we all know what happens to sugar when it gets wet! If it sweats you can put a fan on it until it comes up to temperature. If it is a cake you are making for someone else I wouldn't recommend it.

Debbie

traci Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 7

This cake is for someone else. Actually it is going to be a stacked cake and the top layer is going to be fondant and the bottom buttercream. I did not want to do the whole thing in fondant because I think fondant tastes terrible and I was hoping I might get some business from this party! I guess I will put it together sometime before I deliver it because I do not want to take any chances of messing it up! Thanks! icon_razz.gif
traci

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 7

The fondant covered cake will be fine sitting at room temperature for a couple days before the ceremony as long as there are no items in it (filling, etc) that require refrigeration.

traci Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:34pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the advice! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%