Disposable Cupcake Containers

Decorating By bjfranco Updated 17 Feb 2014 , 5:50pm by linda7925

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:54am
post #1 of 21

Just wanted to pass along a website that I found that sells plastic disposable cupcake containers and you do not have to buy a case of them!
plasticcontainercity.com
I bought 25 of them at 99 cents each and used them this past Friday. I will attach a pic so you can see. I had 300 cupcakes to do and they stacked three high and fit perfectly in the back of my SUV.

bj
LL

20 replies
cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:09am
post #2 of 21

Wow! your cupcakes look great and the container is perfect!! I am going to check out the site. Thanks so much!

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:22am
post #3 of 21

Thanks for the info on that website--looks like they have all sorts of problem-solving containers!

cupcakes Posted 29 May 2007 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 21

bjfranco,
Did you order the deeper of the cupcake containers that this site offers?Thanks

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 29 May 2007 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 21

WOW! Great site and I need to order some of these! I have the same question as cupcakes....did you order the deeper ones?

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 29 May 2007 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 21

Thanks, what a great site, thanks for sharing.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 29 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 21

Thanks for passing on the site. I'll have to check it out.

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 29 May 2007 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 21

I just checked out this site, looks good to me. I thought I'd post my find here as well. Walmart has cake domes that are seasonal for $3.44. They have two sizes, one will fit a normal double layer 10 inch cake (or smaller - I just put a piece of shelf liner in the bottom). It locks and has a handle to carry it too. They also have one for pies that would work for a single layer cake. The ones on this website plasticcontainercity.com are $2.50 for a 10'' disposable. Now I'm regretting only buying 3 of the seasonal ones at Walmart. I guess I'll buy like 6 more next time I go to walmart.

bjfranco Posted 30 May 2007 , 2:03am
post #9 of 21

Y'all are welcome! I did order the deep ones and they are pretty deep. I do not think they are deep enough for my sitting up elephant cupcakes but for others they will work fine. I also ordered 5 of the individual cupcake holders just to see what they look like and they are pretty neat. Good for sending home the bride a cupcake for mom or hubby-to-be to taste.

Here is pic of all 300 cupcakes.

bj
LL

bjfranco Posted 30 May 2007 , 2:06am
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgiles

I just checked out this site, looks good to me. I thought I'd post my find here as well. Walmart has cake domes that are seasonal for $3.44. They have two sizes, one will fit a normal double layer 10 inch cake (or smaller - I just put a piece of shelf liner in the bottom). It locks and has a handle to carry it too. They also have one for pies that would work for a single layer cake. The ones on this website plasticcontainercity.com are $2.50 for a 10'' disposable. Now I'm regretting only buying 3 of the seasonal ones at Walmart. I guess I'll buy like 6 more next time I go to walmart.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check that out. Do you usually put your cakes in cake domes? I always put mine in a cake box which cost a lot cheaper.

bj

cupcakes Posted 30 May 2007 , 12:08pm
post #11 of 21

Thanks for all of your help. Wow!! that is a lot of fantastic cupcakes! I really appreciate the info.

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 30 May 2007 , 1:53pm
post #12 of 21

bjfranco-could you tell me what you charge for cupcakes? I made 150 for a graduation, WASC, choc., strawberry, and spice with a white and royal blue swirl on top - and delivered them 15 miles away. I charged $75 and I think she thought that was too much.

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 30 May 2007 , 3:27pm
post #13 of 21

Thanks for the info. I will have to check that out. Do you usually put your cakes in cake domes? I always put mine in a cake box which cost a lot cheaper.

If its a round cake and I know I'll see the person again, I use a round cake dome. I dont have a lot of customers yet, mostly friends and family. I bought some boxes too, but if you figure up paying $1.50/box (plus gas because there's not aplace close by me) and the fact that the box can only be used once, I like the cheap plastic domes better. Once I get more customers I think I'll use the boxes more, but for friends, they like to keep the dome because it's air-tight and it gives them something to store the cake in until they've eaten it all. It's not a suprise when I send a cake home with someone and dont see the cake dome again for a week because they had to finish the cake.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 30 May 2007 , 3:41pm
post #14 of 21

I might be wrong, but I think Sams Club also sells these out of the bakery?

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 30 May 2007 , 4:12pm
post #15 of 21

Thanks so much for sharing. I have been searching for a vendor that sells these containers. I was almost ready to ask Walmart or Sam's would they sell theirs to me.

Thanks again!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 30 May 2007 , 4:29pm
post #16 of 21

Thank you for sharing the information.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 30 May 2007 , 4:39pm
post #17 of 21

Here is another alternative from www.brpboxshop.com. (This company doesn't charge S/H). 100 of these inserts cost $19.27, so that's 19 cents each plus the cost of a 1/4 sheet box which I also buy from them. They also have them in variety of sizes to fit various boxes. The top pic is the one that costs $19.27.
LL
LL

Lydia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lydia Posted 30 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #18 of 21

MMGILES-----do you happen to have a pictures of the dome you bought at Walmart?

bjfranco Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:35pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattyk

bjfranco-could you tell me what you charge for cupcakes? I made 150 for a graduation, WASC, choc., strawberry, and spice with a white and royal blue swirl on top - and delivered them 15 miles away. I charged $75 and I think she thought that was too much.

Simply cupcakes like these (white almond cake/white icing) I charge .75 each and I do not deliver. Normally my cupakes start at 1.50 and most are around $2.

I did these for my neighbor's daughter's graduation (home-schooled kids) and it was also part of my "gift" to her so I gave them a break on the price and also did 16 jumbo cupcakes plus I delivered.

I think you should have charged more. Multi flavors & multi colors plus you delivered! .50 a cupcake was a deal. She should be happy! Especially with gas $3 a gallon with my big SUV it would have cost me $6 bucks in gas just to deliver! So right away I would be down to $69 for the cupcakes...that's only .46 cents each. Plus my time........

It's hard to price cupcakes because people want you to compete with Sam's/Costco/Walmart cupcakes and to me there is no comparison.

bj

bjfranco Posted 30 May 2007 , 10:36pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetideas

I might be wrong, but I think Sams Club also sells these out of the bakery?

My Sam's will not sell any. icon_sad.gif

bj

linda7925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda7925 Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 5:50pm
post #21 of 21

We found a company that also provides great trays. You can buy in smaller quantities for way less money. Their link is http://www.foodservicewebsource.com.Just click on bakery to see tray choices. Hopefully this will help someone out there. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%