tabs Posted 25 May 2005 , 7:54pm
post #1 of

I really enjoy using buttercream bc it's extremely easy to work with but I'm starting to dislike the taste.

What is your favorite? Bc I need some new ideas icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
mixaleena Posted 25 May 2005 , 8:02pm
post #2 of

What recipe do you use?

I found that I have the easiest time decorating with the Wilton Buttercream icing, although it tastes the worst.

When I do icing with 1/2 Shortening/ 1/2 Butter it tastes so good, but it is harder to decorate with and to get the right consistency...

I have yet to try Dawn's icing. I probably should since everyone around here raves about it. = )

Mixee

tabs Posted 25 May 2005 , 8:05pm
post #3 of

Mixee, that's the icing I use. The shortening gives it great consistancy but the taste is very blah to me right now.

It's time to try something different!

Lisa Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:18pm
post #4 of

Try adding a 1/2 teaspoon butter, almond or citrus flavoring to your recipe. Makes all the difference in the world.

cakeconfections Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:26pm
post #5 of

Tabs the icing is probably pretty blah to you because you are always working with it. I am to the point where the smells of icing bother me. But everyone loves my icing, and it is all shortening. I have to remind myself that just because i have a lot of contact with it, others dont.

tabs Posted 27 May 2005 , 4:12am
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeconfections

Tabs the icing is probably pretty blah to you because you are always working with it. I am to the point where the smells of icing bother me. But everyone loves my icing, and it is all shortening. I have to remind myself that just because i have a lot of contact with it, others dont.

Good point icon_smile.gif

AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 May 2005 , 2:06pm
post #7 of

I like both the all shortening recipe and dawn's icing recipe. In my all shortening recipe I use creme bouquet flavoring. Its a citrus flavor and it makes the icing taste soooo good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%