Tiramisu Wedding Cake.....help?

Decorating By sarahleecookies Updated 29 May 2007 , 7:38am by loveqm

sarahleecookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahleecookies Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 8

I just had an order for a three to four tier wedding cake done in tiramisu. Is this possible? I have never made this before but from what I remember its pretty soft and not so stable????Any advice or tips? Thanks!!!!

7 replies
sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 8

I would think that you can do it...just have to firm it up a bit. Maybe make it a more pound cake consistency by adding pudding mix to your recipe! If you are a cake mix baker I know that there is a pound cake recipe on all of the DH cake mix boxes. Just doctor is up, or even try the Cake Mix Doctor book, there are some great recipes in that book!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 8

I would put expresso in your cake and make it chocolate. Then fill your cake with your zabione and maybe make a frosting that had some of the same ingredients. Then inbetween the layers I would use shaved chocolate.
And when your done....send me a piece! Yum! I love Tiramisu!

erincc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erincc Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 8

The very first wedding cake I made was a tiramisu wedding cake. I got the recipe off of epicurious.com. It is called "Tiramisu Wedding Cake with Mixed Berries". It is delicious, even people that say they do not like tiramisu love this cake. It is a white cake (not necessarily the one in that recipe, you could use your own favorite) brushed with an espresso-kahlua syrup, with a cream cheese frosting and grated chocolate in between layers. Very yummy and moist, but sturdy enough to be stacked. Warning, though, you can't do really intricate decortations with the cream cheese icing. Hope this helps!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 8

It would'nt be a "true" tiramisu, but you could do a wedding cake with tiramisu flavors. I would make a regular white vanilla or almond flavored cake instead of the lady fingers or sponge cake. You can still brush on a coffee syrup, just don't soak the cake in it. And make the mascarpone cheese custard really thick. You also won't be able to put a ton of it in between the layers. I would refrigerate each tier before icing it to help firm it up for icing. Use an IMBC buttercream dam for the filling instead of whipped cream (even if you are icing the cake in whipped cream). Make sure the whipped cream is stabilized if you are icing the cake in it. Also, the cake won't be able to sit out of the fridge for long. Make sure the reception site has a fridge that can hold the assembled cake. The cake will have to be brought out right at cutting and serving time.

If they want to serve real tiramisu for dessert, the other option is to have a separate regular wedding cake for the bride and groom to cut and then have the slices of cake sent home with the guests in cake boxes and just serve the real tiramisu at the wedding.

sarahleecookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahleecookies Posted 29 May 2007 , 7:10am
post #6 of 8

WOW! Thanks for all the tips!!! How long would it be able to stay unrefrigerated?

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 29 May 2007 , 7:25am
post #7 of 8

I make Tiramisu cake all the time. I use a chiffon cake and regular Tiramisu filling. It holds up very well to stacking as long as you have enough support. If you look in my photos there is a Tiramisu cake I made for a Toga party, I think its the first picture on the second row. That one was a 10", 8", and 6". I made it the day before to make sure it was really cold. It stayed out at the party for 6 hours, the room was air conditioned.

Erica

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 29 May 2007 , 7:38am
post #8 of 8

ohhh.... I would love to try to incorporate tiramisu into a cake but I always thought it wouldn't befirm enough....I will have to try these tips...thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%