Need Birthday Idea For 7/7/07 For 2 Year Old

Decorating By camcat Updated 29 May 2007 , 1:12pm by karensjustdessert

camcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camcat Posted 28 May 2007 , 2:56am
post #1 of 14

I had planned a Hello Kitty theme then realized my DD's birthday was 7/7/07. Any clever ideas? I would love to incorporate Hello Kitty, but don't have to. She's only 2 so she doesn't have an opinion on themes yet. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

13 replies
Tolinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tolinda Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #2 of 14

the only thing i could think of for a 2 year old is something with a theme lol. im going to make a cake for my baby sister whos turning 3 in july and so far, im planning on making three little cakes because she likes too much. but since you've already come up with something to do with hello kitty. im sure if you search the gallery for "helly kitty cakes" you'll find a lot. i've saved a hello kitty cake that i thought was SOO cute. i'll upload it for you, i'm sure you'll like it too. i apoligize because i don't rmb who's cake it was. but here it is.
LL

meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:10am
post #3 of 14

I would go with the kitty theme just because at age 2, she isn't going to understand a 7/7/07 theme. Maybe save that for her golden birthday (7). Just my opinion icon_smile.gif

camcat Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:16am
post #4 of 14

Thanks for sharing that picture--I must have missed that one in the gallery, but I saved a bunch of others.

What I really need is an idea to incorporate 7/7/07 since it is such a unique date. It would be easier for an older child or adult, but I'm stuck for a toddler.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were turning 7 or 77 on 7/7/07?? icon_smile.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:23am
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcat

Thanks for sharing that picture--I must have missed that one in the gallery, but I saved a bunch of others.

What I really need is an idea to incorporate 7/7/07 since it is such a unique date. It would be easier for an older child or adult, but I'm stuck for a toddler.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were turning 7 or 77 on 7/7/07?? icon_smile.gif

My son just turned two in April and he's really into counting everything. (and has been for awhile). You could have seven flowers or seven of this or seven of that... Does she watch any tv shows? My son is NUTSO over blues clues, so I would incorporate maybe 'clues'. A friend of mine has a daughter who is nutso over Backyardigans, so maybe one of their adventures?

Are there seven princesses? Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine - there HAS to be one more, right? Or maybe your daughter is the 7th princess since she was born on 7/7 and it's 07.

Of course, if she were older, I would do a slot machine LOL!

melissa

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:23am
post #6 of 14

I think 7/7/07 is a great day to get married!! How lucky can you get? LOL

As for the birthday - all I can think of is lucky seven, ya know, but not sure how to incorporate that with Hello Kitty....hmmmmmmmm
I will keep thinkin....

camcat Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:24am
post #7 of 14

meldancer--The problem is that I don't want her to grow up and turn 7. icon_cry.gif You made a good point--even though *I* would enjoy the fun in 7/7/07, she would get to enjoy it too if I waited until her 7th birthday which will still be on 7/7!

I just had an idea.........on the invites, I can write the date as 7 cubed (obviously written as 7 to the third power...I just can't figure out how to do superscript right this minute icon_confused.gif ). That way I can just sneak the 7/7/07 reference in there and continue with the Hello Kitty plans. thumbs_up.gif

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:29am
post #8 of 14

Good thinkin' thumbs_up.gif

I like the idea of saving it til her 7th birthday. Your invites could say she will be 7 on 7/7 and then you could put 7's all over the cake. Hello Kitty is perfect for a 2 year old and she will understand it better than the whole 7 thing anyway... Enjoy the party!! My little girl will be 3 in a week (my goodness how time flies.... icon_cry.gif )

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #9 of 14

Not sure about the whole 7/7/07 thing, but you could make a 3D Hello Kitty using the mini stand-up bear pan (just trim the ears to make look like kitty ears) and then put that on a larger round or square cake.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 29 May 2007 , 12:39pm
post #10 of 14

How about piping 07-07-07 on Hello Kitty's shirt?

My son is turning 6 on that day...but it will be ALL Curious George.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 29 May 2007 , 12:45pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by karensjustdessert

Oh, that's a good idea about the shirt!

And....oooo... so close to being 7 on 7/7/07! Too funny!

Melissa

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:02pm
post #12 of 14

Hey, my daughter will be turning "18" on that day. I had not even started thinking about it but I should do something! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Keep this going to help me, too.

camcat Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:03pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by karensjustdessert

Fantastic idea!! That's just what I was looking for--a subtle way to incorporate the unique day while keeping the Hello Kitty theme. And I have a few years to work up to the 7 on 7/7 theme! icon_smile.gif

I'll be lurking around next year at this time to see what you come up with for your son's 7th birthday on 7/7!! icon_razz.gif

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:12pm
post #14 of 14

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks! Can't wait to see pics of the birthday girl's cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%