Storing Modeling Chocolate Roses.... And Tootsie Roll Roses?

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 20 Jan 2015 , 9:07pm by Spike1999

Jopalis Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 7

I will need them in a week. Meanwhile, should I just seal up in a container? Both types? Won't refrigerate the modeling choc. roses for fear they will "bloom".

6 replies
darcat Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:00am
post #2 of 7

I kept my tootsie roll roses for 4 days on a piece of was paper in a tupper ware in the fridge and they were fine as per the choc cake in my photos If you dont refrgigerate them they wilt something bad lol

Jopalis Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:41am
post #3 of 7

thanks! I grabbed them and stuck in fridge right after I read your post! No way I wanted all that time consuming work gone to waste!

ljhow623 Posted 27 May 2007 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 7

For your chocolate clay roses. They actually will last a very long time (up to a year). I keep mine in a plastic container in a cool dry place. I have some sitting out on the table that I made over a month ago and they are still beautiful. If you are making the roses without a stem try placing them in an egg carton or something simular so that each one can sit in it's own space. Egg crate foam works good too. I have some jello molds that I used for mine.

Jopalis Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 7

Boy LJ...I owe you big time. It would help if I wouldn't venture into "unchartered waters" with a new cake all the time. Makes for a neurotic baker!!! I should donate money to CC for the Keep Jopalis Sane Fund!!! You are all such wonderful giving people. I bug some of you more than others.... heartfelt thanks... thumbs_up.gif

ibmoser Posted 27 May 2007 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 7

I have Tootsie Roll roses that I made four months ago stored in an airtight plastic container that I keep on a shelf unrefrigerated. I keep opening the container from time to time to check on them - this is a science project in progress icon_lol.gif . If I leave them out, the high humidity here will turn them to mush within 48 hours, so I was just curious about the longevity and storage. Ditto Starburst candy roses....

Spike1999 Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for your in put in storing chocolate roses as I made my first ones to day what fun At one time I did roses with the wax paper drawing pettles and filling in with chocolate and the pettles braking when you picked them up I did cake dectorating for 12 years boy this would have been handy It is a little hard on these old hands till it gets playable 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%