Double Borders? Two Colored Border Designs?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 26 May 2007 , 4:00pm by imartsy

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 9

I want to do a bottom border and I want to do two colors, but I want it to look nice... I don't just want to do shells on top of shells..... so i was wondering if anyone had pictures of some other "double border" or two colored border ideas....

8 replies
imartsy Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 9

hmm no one has a picture?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 9

Try looking up Lambeth style cakes. Most of those have overpiped borders.

Lostinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lostinalaska Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 9

I just did a board with 2 diffrent colors in shells and what I did was just did one shell with a color and the next one with the other color all the way around and it looked good.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 9

If you have Toba Garrett's the Well Decorated Cake, she has a border where she pipes a tip 18 zigzag and puts a shell border over it. Looks really pretty. HTH.

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 9

I have alot of border with two colors, but i just rotate each shell. I have also done shell in one color and a zigzag across the top with a 3 tip in another color, this looked ok as well.

Smoochiefrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smoochiefrog Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 9

I have a couple cakes in my photos that have double rope borders. I love doing those even though they take forever to do. The whole "do one color, put it down, pick up the other color, put it down-etc." gets a little tedious after awhile. Good luck and please share a picture when you're done!

mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 9

I PUT COLOR IN SMALL BAGS AND THEN PUT THOSE BAGS INTO A LARGER BAG WITH A TIP AND PIPE OUT A TWO COLOR BORDER.NOT SURE IF THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

imartsy Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone! I just ended up doing a green bottom shell border.... kinda plain, but I think it'll be okay. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%