peacockplace Posted 24 May 2005 , 7:53pm
post #1 of

I was wondering how you make your ropes.... mold, by hand, clay gun...ect. Just wondering what is the best way and how everyone does it.
Thanks!

9 replies
eve Posted 24 May 2005 , 8:01pm
post #2 of

Hi,
When I make mine, I do it by hand....
I take a piece, roll it on non stick surface until it gets to look like a long cord, but the size of your finger (thickness). Make two if that , then kind of twist the two together. are you making it out of Gumpaste or Fondant ?

peacockplace Posted 24 May 2005 , 8:03pm
post #3 of

I will be maing it out of fondant. Thanks for the reply.

thecakemaker Posted 24 May 2005 , 8:10pm
post #4 of

I use a clay gun when I make it.

Debbie

pastrypuffgirl Posted 24 May 2005 , 10:02pm
post #5 of

If you need them to be long you probably want to roll them on a smooth surface as eve said. Thats how I did the rope around this cake. I roll a hunk of fondant into a log, then cut it in half so you have 2 equal pieces. Then I roll them 1 at a time to the length and thickness I want on a silpat mat or smooth surface. Then hold them together at the top and twist one around the other. Then I put alittle royal icing on the cake to hold the rope(as you might be able to see where i put the yellow circle)
LL

peacockplace Posted 24 May 2005 , 11:08pm
post #6 of

Thanks pastrypuffgirl... I love that cake! Good to see you it's been a little while.

pastrypuffgirl Posted 25 May 2005 , 3:04am
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Thanks pastrypuffgirl... I love that cake! Good to see you it's been a little while.

I had my finals last week...and had to pack up and move back home from school. Now I have to unpack and then re-pack because I am going to leave to do a study abroad with Johnson & Wales for pastry arts in Switzerland on June 4th! I am bringing my computer but I don't know how much time I will have to keep up with my new friends here. Maybe I will be able to post my creations from my classes there...LOL, If not I will be happy to share when I get home in July.

peacockplace Posted 25 May 2005 , 3:06am
post #8 of

That sounds so great! Good luck!

Misska21 Posted 25 May 2005 , 3:14am
post #9 of

How exciting for you pastrypuffgirl. I would love to do something like that! Good luck and keep us posted on all the cool things you learn!

tcturtleshell Posted 25 May 2005 , 6:07am

PastryPuff,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! HAVE A SAFE, WONDERFUL & BLESSED TRIP!!!!!

That is a awsome opportunity!!!! Please share your pics if you can. Also your stories!!! I would love to hear all about it. I'm sure everyone else would too.

Make great things & have a wonderful time!!!!!
God Bless~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%