Graduation Fondant Diploma

Decorating By stlalohagal Updated 26 May 2007 , 2:46pm by stlalohagal

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 7

I've seen so many beautiful graduation cakes in the gallery. Can someone tell me how they're doing the diplomas??? There are some that look like they're paper, I'm sure they're fondant, but how are they getting the text and some images on there??? Are they as simple as an icing image just applied to damp fondant? Or is is more complicated?

I would love to post some links but I can't get anything to come up in the photo gallery. I've been having lots of trouble, and I don't want to post someone's picture without their permission. I would PM directly but again I am having such trouble getting gallery images to load. I know it's still in BETA so I'm trying to be patient. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone have any advice??? thanks!!

- Paula

6 replies
lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:12am
post #2 of 7

I'm doing a grad cake this week----I decided to use paper and wrap some gold ribbon around it for the diploma. This will be placed on the board, not the cake.
You can use fondant, though. Just roll it up and let it dry for a few days. Wrap gold ribbons or gold fondant around it----it will look nice.
I, too, am having problems with the gallery. It's quite frustrating!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:25am
post #3 of 7

The diploma I just did was fondant that I dried for about a day or so to get a little dry and curl the corners. I wrote on it with edible markers and then brushed the edges and designs around the lettering with luster dust and vodka.

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 26 May 2007 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 7

mgdqueen ..........can you attach a pic here of the diploma? It sounds like it's really pretty. I went to your photos, but I can't get the pics to display. Ggrrrrr!

mgdqueen Posted 26 May 2007 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 7

mgdqueen Posted 26 May 2007 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 7

I guess that was larger than life...sorry!! LOL

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 7

Ok, I FINALLY managed to get past page 7 on the graduation gallery and found the photos I had seen. The cakes were done by boween and I PM her to find out. I did want to share though that on one of her beautiful sheetcakes she commented that the diploma was an icing image... not on fondant or anything... I've PM her for more details. True it would be thin like paper or rice paper. They look so real and neat... writing is not my best skill so being able to print these would be a great relief!

Thanks all for the comments!!! I'll let you know.

- Paula

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%