Candy Question?

Sugar Work By mdios Updated 25 May 2007 , 11:44pm by mbelgard

mdios Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdios Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I know this might be a stupid question but I don't know it.
I'm making chocolate candy for my kids b-day from the melting from wilton I know how to but how many days beofre the party should I make them... I have triplets so I have to make a schedule I'm the only one doing everything cakes, cookies, candies you name I'm baking it.. The funniest thing is I've never baked before I'm ganna try to do the cinderella doll cake and little mermaid doll, and cars any advise are the dolls hard to make? Anyways please how long before the party can I do the chocolate melts.

Thank you guys

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 7

Once the candy is made it will be fine for even weeks, as long as it doesn't melt. Start early and put the finished product in a covered container

The doll cake can be easy. Also, bake ahead, in case you have any trouble with the cake. Once baked, the cake can be wrapped and frozen until you are ready to decorate.

mdios Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 7

thank you, one more thing how do i stick the cinderella doll in the cake cause i know the kit come with a doll pick but i wan to use my doll.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 7

Check to see that the doll will fit in the cake. I recently used a real Barbie that was too tall the for cake. I fixed it by putting an 8" round under the doll cake so the whole was deep enough to hold the Barbie.

I use a thin knife to remove a small 'core' piece from the cake, then just stuffed the doll gently into the cake. Be careful not to break the cake in half, but icing will cover any small crumbs and breaks.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 May 2007 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 7

The dolls are definatly too tall for the wondermold, I've only made one and I made an 8" round for under. Some people use a larger cake underneath but I think it looks like her legs are too short then.
The candy can be made way ahead of time just store it somewhere cool and dry, not the fridge.

mdios Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 7

why not the fridge? I just made the and placed them in the fridge. Were else can I place them?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 7

They can be placed in the fridge or freezer until they set well enough to unmold but if left in they will get condensation and can get a little funny looking.

The best place is somewhere cool and dry, like a pantry or a cupboard away from the stove and fridge. If they're boxed well you could even stash them in a closet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%