Carnival...

Decorating By IHATEFONDANT Updated 3 Jul 2006 , 12:49am by lasidus1

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 7

5 year olds birthday....theme Carnival.....my old brain just can't click...mother says the invitation will look like a ticket..the rest is up to me...I don't have any little kids...and so far can't seem to get a grandchild out of my two grownups.... icon_cry.gif ....

so....was thinking...cotton candy...lollipops..(adven..loved those swirly ones you made for one of your cakes)...popcorn???

What do y'all think??

6 replies
sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 7

I did a search on circus in the gallery. Here are some ideas that may help. Try a search on carnival and popcorn also. I think someone made cupcakes decorated to look like small boxes of popcorn.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=circus

newcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakelady Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 7

When I think of carnivals, I think of ferris wheels, games, cotton candy, popcorn and candy apples. I don't have a cake idea, but these are what comes to my mind when I think of carnivals.

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 7

Maybe this is cheating, but could you put a funnel cake look as the top of the cake. Yummy with powdered sugar. Not sure how, maybe a large round tip. Of course, if I did it, it might look like a cowpie. Not pretty. Sorry, probably a lame idea. Funnel cakes are my favorite at the carnival.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 12:04am
post #5 of 7

What about a carousel cake?

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 12:45am
post #6 of 7

I'm doing a carnival themed cake in Sept for my daughters 3rd birthday. I got the idea from the 2005 yb. It is 2 cakes with the carousel tier in between, has gum drops around and then has the cake ice cream cones on top. It's so cute. If you want me to scan it I will.

lasidus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasidus1 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

you could make a carousel. two round cakes with horses and poles in between icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%