Mixed Graduation Idea

Decorating By swanmel Updated 26 May 2007 , 3:48am by BarbaraF

swanmel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swanmel Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 6

We are going to be having a party for our 3 children and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions of how I could put a cake together for all 3. My youngest is graduating from pre K , my son is going to middle school next year, and my oldest daughter graduates from middle school. Its going to be a big year in our home, lol.

Melody

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 6

What about a three tier cake? The bottom level your preschool grad or elementry school, then the middle level represents middle school then the top level High school then have a Grad cap on top? You could have ladders going between the layers as they climb them for success.

ok, now I want to make the cake =)

BTW, welcome to Cake central, you will find a lot of good information here

swanmel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swanmel Posted 25 May 2007 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for the welcome and the idea. I am starting to picture it in my head, now I should draw it on paper and see what I can come up with. I really like the ideas of the ladders going to each layer. I think I would even call this cake a moving up cake not so much of a graduation cake....
Thanks again!

Melody

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

What about a three tier cake? The bottom level your preschool grad or elementry school, then the middle level represents middle school then the top level High school then have a Grad cap on top? You could have ladders going between the layers as they climb them for success.

ok, now I want to make the cake =)

BTW, welcome to Cake central, you will find a lot of good information here

I love this idea!! What could you use for ladders? I want to try a cake like this.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debcent

I love this idea!! What could you use for ladders? I want to try a cake like this.

I was thinking either start making royal icing ladders a couple weeks in advance (might be to late right now)

Or use a 50/50 mixture of gumpaste and fondant so it dries quicker. Form it up and let it dry.

BarbaraF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraF Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:48am
post #6 of 6

you could also pipe candy melts for the ladders....I used them for the first time this week to do a picket fence and loved it...I want to use them for everything now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%