Has Anyone Made Mmf Without Using....

Decorating By lipbalmcollector Updated 25 May 2007 , 2:03am by carries_creations

lipbalmcollector Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lipbalmcollector Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:28am
post #1 of 14

I am looking at making another cake this week using mmf. I have never used it before and the recipe I am looking at making says to use princess cookie emulsion. Where can you buy that at besides on line at sugarcraft.com? the recipe also says you can use lemon juice.

How much does the recipe differ by using lemon juice over princess cookie emulsion.?

thanks again!

13 replies
Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:33am
post #2 of 14

I have never used that stuff.....I was planning on getting some this week just to try it out....along with the creme bouquet that I've heard so much about thumbs_up.gif

lipbalmcollector Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:34am
post #3 of 14

where can you buy it besides online? does michaels carry it?

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:36am
post #4 of 14

You may be able to find it at your local cake supply. I have never used it myself but I have seen it on the shelf in the cake supply store. I have used butter/vanilla and cream bouquet and lemon. Any flavor you like would work. The one I saw was princess cake and cookie.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:38am
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalmcollector

where can you buy it besides online? does michaels carry it?

No, they don't carry it.

lipbalmcollector Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:41am
post #6 of 14

ooh so is it just flavoring then? if it is can I just use vanilla?

Wendoger Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:42am
post #7 of 14

I would think only specialty stores, cake supply places...which are quite sparse icon_confused.gif

Wendoger Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:44am
post #8 of 14

Yep, any flavoring ya want!!!

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:49am
post #9 of 14

If you are using Rhonda's ultimate MMF, I've only used the lemon extract because I haven't bought any of the princess emulsion yet and it is DELICIOUS!

Teresa1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teresa1976 Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:52am
post #10 of 14

I use almond extract in place of the princess emusion and it has great flavor.

lipbalmcollector Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:53am
post #11 of 14

thank you so much, I guess I will just use the lemon juice then.
Yep, I am making Rondas recipe.

thank you for letting me in on the secret that,that is what the princess stuff is. thumbs_up.gif

bpsrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bpsrj Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:55am
post #12 of 14

All I use is MMF and I just make it with Marshmallows, water and powdered sugar.
First, I have my work surface (countertop) very clean and then geased with vegetable shortening. (also keep your hands well greased to avoid becoming a marshmallow.)
Then, I put a 1 pound bag of mini marshmallows in a microwavable bowl with 2 to 3 T. of water and microwave stirring every 30 sec. until completely melted then I stir in about 3/4 of a 2 pound bag of powdered suger.
Next, I put the rest of the powdered sugar on the counter and pour the MM/powdered sugar mixture on top and start kneading it all together. (I have also used my kitchen-aid mixer at this point with mixed results.) It takes a little time but you will get most of the powdered sugar worked in. If it starts to stick to badly to the counter or my hands I lightly regrease. If the MMF feels to stiff you can add TINY bits of water at a time. I then rub it down with shortening and double wrap it in saran wrap and put it in the fridge until I am ready to color it and use it.
When I am ready I microwave the ball of MMF, checking every 10 sec. until it feels slightly soft again. Then I get it out and start kneeding the color in.

I hope this helps. It really is VERY easy.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:56am
post #13 of 14

Here is a good description of the princess emulsion. I have used it in pourable icing for petit fours. I was not overwhelmed, but that's just my opinion.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=630674

I have made marshmallow fondant a couple of times, but used a recipe from Wilton that didn't even call for it. I tested various flavorings to suit my taste. It does not have to be princess.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=77236&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

carries_creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carries_creations Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:03am
post #14 of 14

what flavor is the princess emulsion?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%