My 1St Fullsheet Cake!!!

Decorating By TandTHarrell Updated 26 May 2007 , 7:14am by TandTHarrell

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:04am
post #1 of 23

I finally did my 1st full sheet cake..Im so proud of myself...This is my design.. Its simple, but at least I can say, I did it without copying someone else cakes..Thanks for looking and please leave a comment
LL

22 replies
lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:22am
post #2 of 23

very nice cake.. i love the colors! wasnt that cake heavy LOL

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:30am
post #3 of 23

You did a Great Job love the colors also!!!

Thanks for Sharing,
Stacy

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:38am
post #4 of 23

great job..you have every right to be proud!!!!

youngestdecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngestdecorator Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:38am
post #5 of 23

Very creative, I love the colors, hopefully theirs more of these to come!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:41am
post #6 of 23

You did a wonderful job, I really like the texture.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:41am
post #7 of 23

Wow, that looks GREAT! Now we can copy you! icon_biggrin.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:46am
post #8 of 23

See now Girl, you put me to shame now! icon_wink.gif I LOVE LOVE LOVE that shade of green!!!!! Your reverse shell is perfecto. Now tell me how you achieved the shading in between the two green borders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you charged appropriately.

It's your turn to share with me. YOU OWE ME!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Girl, you know I'm kidding you!!!!

Seriously, tell me!

Amy

TandTHarrell Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:37am
post #9 of 23

Thanks guys ..Amy, I do not come close, you are the Queen of military cakes...I used ameri color leaf green and I airbrushed the green, then I added the yellow glitter....The pics I added fondant to the back, to get the 3d look...I charged $90.00...
I cant wait until you use the design, Im sure you will add a differnt flavor to it.. I cant wait so get busy....Thanks again for helping me with my military cakes in the past I really did appericiate it. Still need your help for the senior chief cakes

MsRhonda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRhonda Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:39am
post #10 of 23

Wow, your cake is awesome!! Great job!

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:41am
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent

Thanks guys ..Amy, I do not come close, you are the Queen of military cakes...I used ameri color leaf green and I airbrushed the green, then I added the yellow glitter....The pics I added fondant to the back, to get the 3d look...I charged $90.00...
I cant wait until you use the design, Im sure you will add a differnt flavor to it.. I cant wait so get busy....Thanks again for helping me with my military cakes in the past I really did appericiate it. Still need your help for the senior chief cakes

What ever!! icon_rolleyes.gif I taught you well! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Now this next cake has to be very special!!!!!! When is the ceremony?

Amy

TandTHarrell Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:15am
post #12 of 23

sometime in June not sure yet

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:32am
post #13 of 23

Alright, just pm me with any questions that you may have but I seriously don't think you need my input. You are getting so darn good at what you do! I'm proud of you!! My girl's all grown up! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:48am
post #14 of 23

Wow, that is a great cake with lots of detail work. Must have taken a long time.

You did an awesome job. I am sure they will be very pleased.

Good Luck.

TandTHarrell Posted 25 May 2007 , 6:47am
post #15 of 23

Thanks cakemommy and the rest of u girls...I have to go back to cake mommy because she really did help me alot with my military cakes......Yes Amy I agree I have come along way.. I cant beleive that I have done over 30 cakes this month....Im not the best cake person here, but Im holding my own.....and I must admitt Im doing a really good job at at...CC have taught me so much in this year..this was my first cake I did here in Japan....Some of you guys might recall this cake from last year....
LL

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 25 May 2007 , 12:23pm
post #16 of 23

Your cake is beautiful! If that's "simple" I can't wait to see you more complex ones. You are very talented.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 25 May 2007 , 12:45pm
post #17 of 23

Trent, with Amy on your side, there's nowhere elso to go but up! thumbs_up.gif She's the best when it comes to helping people. You've come a long way, baby! icon_lol.gif

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 25 May 2007 , 12:45pm
post #18 of 23

Great job!! I still have yet to do a sheet cake. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours. icon_biggrin.gif

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:37pm
post #19 of 23

30 CAKES THIS MONTH ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif My gosh!!!!!! Girl, you can go buy yourself another KA plus a whole lot more now huh?

fooby~Oh stop it!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif You girls are the best!!!!

Amy

TandTHarrell Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:18pm
post #20 of 23

Hey Amy.. I bought another one already.. a clasiis for $150.00 love having 2 aides

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:44pm
post #21 of 23

Well look at you! icon_razz.gif

I have a wedding cake coming up in August and I am thinking about a second KA. I so could use one. It's not enough anymore having two bowls. I need two mixers so I can have both of them running at once.

Amy

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 25 May 2007 , 10:10pm
post #22 of 23

Great job! Ii've never done a full sheet before - I'll bet that was one big cake! (and heavy!)

TandTHarrell Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:14am
post #23 of 23

It wasnt to bad....thanks everyone for the kind words

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%