Any Suggestions On Balloon For A Bear To Hold??

Decorating By jg556a Updated 24 May 2005 , 1:39pm by jg556a

jg556a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jg556a Posted 23 May 2005 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a mini bear pan bear on top of two tiers. I am going to make the bear holding a balloon with my daughters name on it. My question is what should i make the balloon out of so it looks 3-d. I was thinking fondant, but I'm afraid it may be too heavy since i will have to extend his arm in fondant and pipe over that. Any suggestions. Thanks so much, I appreciate all of your help!!

3 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 May 2005 , 12:08am
post #2 of 4

What about a real balloon...water balloon size? You could inflate it less to make it smaller if you needed to. You could write her name on it with a marker and attach it to a lollipop stick.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 24 May 2005 , 12:10am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg556a

I'm making a mini bear pan bear on top of two tiers. I am going to make the bear holding a balloon with my daughters name on it. My question is what should i make the balloon out of so it looks 3-d. I was thinking fondant, but I'm afraid it may be too heavy since i will have to extend his arm in fondant and pipe over that. Any suggestions. Thanks so much, I appreciate all of your help!!

How about getting some of them giant gum balls and putting small candy sticks thought them and have the bear holding them and you could write your childs name on one or a few of the gum balls... Or how about large lollie pops Just a thought...

jg556a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jg556a Posted 24 May 2005 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I think I'm going to try filling the water balloons with helium and writing her name on one. That will look really cute, if I can get helium in them. If the helium won't work I'll just blow them up and attach them to the lollipop stick. Thanks again, I'm really excited about this cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%