Help Fbct!!!

Decorating By brookej01 Updated 4 Jul 2006 , 12:27am by springlakecake

brookej01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookej01 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:45am
post #1 of 14

I cannot find any info on FBCT. I have a baby shower cake for next week to do and was hoping to use FBCT on it. please help. I have read so much about this, and want to try it.

B icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:55am
post #3 of 14

mis where are you in PA? I am in Fairmont WV. Maybe your close?

mis Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:59am
post #4 of 14

I'm near Harrisburg and Lancaster. About 30 mins from either one. icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 12:17pm
post #5 of 14

Sounds like a few hours still?!?!?

brookej01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookej01 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 12:19pm
post #6 of 14

thank you so much.

mis Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 14

NEWTODECORATING We went to Charleston, WV last summer and if I remember right it took about 6 maybe 7 hours. It was right outside of Marmet. Not sure where Fairmont is though. icon_biggrin.gif

Also wanted to add your welcome! icon_redface.gif

luvcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcake Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 14

I hope someone will answer this soon . I have a cake to do on Wednesday. Okay, I undertsand FBCT ,except for the part where the directions say turn it over on the back and smooth it out and fill the back in with the color of the cake you're going to frost. Won't the icing smear onto the board. I don't quite get it . PLEASE HELP. Thank you in advance.

mis Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 14

luvcake I'll try and help, I'm new at this stuff too. I have done a transfer already though. Is this the instructions you are using? It doesn't say to turn it over, just smooth your icing on the back slightly pushing without blending. Then take the same color icing your cake is iced in and spread that on top of what you just smoothed. I hope that makes sense. Then put into the freezer. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

luvcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcake Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 12:03am
post #10 of 14

Thanks for answering so quickly and for your help.But I still don't get it. Okay if I;M smoothing the back, doesn't that mean to turn it over. I know I sound not so smart. Thanks again icon_redface.gif

koolchica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolchica Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 12:07am
post #11 of 14

No you don't flip it over. Just smooth it from the back. If you are using something that you can see through look at the bottom and make sure it looks good. Its really not hard to do once you do it.
Tracie

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 12:10am
post #12 of 14

remember those old fake tatoos...the ones that came on paper and you put water on them and then slapped it on the arm and pealed the paper off???

well, that's similar to this.

the side you think is the front, the side you see and touch is actually the back when it goes on the cake. (like on the fake tatoo the side that gets the water)

the side you think is the back, side that is against the paper is actually going to be the front when on the cake and the paper is peeled off. (like on the fake tatoo, the side that's revealed when the paper is peeled off)

you're just making/giving the cake a frozen butter cream "tatoo"!!!

(maybe that's what we should call them -- cake tatoos! icon_rolleyes.gif )

bekahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahd Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 12:21am
post #13 of 14

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-29736-fbct.html

Check out missyek's detailed suggestions. They helped me figure out some of the stuff I was struggling with, maybe it will clear up some of your questions?
SheilaF has some good ideas, too.
Doug, great analogy, and I *will* use the new name. Too funny!

All the best!
Bekah

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 12:27am
post #14 of 14

LUVCAKE-In case you havent understood it yet...the side you are working from will be the "back" because that is the side that will touch the cake. The part that is on the waxed paper will be the "front" when you flip it onto your cake...does that make sense? I have only done one, but I thought it was pretty easy and it turned out well. The only think I did differently from the directions from this site was to pat down the image with my finger dipped in a little powdered sugar instead of smoothing the back with the spatula. I was a little afraid that I might smear the image on the "front."
but I made sure to pat it down well to get all of the icing "settled" HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%