Comments On Pictures

Decorating By SweetChick Updated 25 May 2007 , 10:02pm by Tolinda

SweetChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetChick Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 13

Okay so I (just like everyone else) love to surf around on here and look at everyone else's beautiful cakes. But I come across some really pretty ones or just seriously unique ones that someone else has already asked the creator how they did something. Maybe even asked by more than one person. Clearly that person never came back and told these people how they did what ever is in question. Why are these people not responding? Does it mean that they don't want to share? Should you ask again if you want to know as well, do you pm them, or do you copy their pic into a message and post a forum on it? Thanks for your help I am still learning the "rules" of this type of thing.
Valerie icon_eek.gif (I just like his face)

12 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 13

It could mean they don't want to share...but I have commented on pics or asked for recipes of something or directions and they have pmd me. BUT...on the other hand I have also had them not respond so it could be either way. I just respect them and don't bother anymore after my first question. JMO icon_biggrin.gif

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 13

I agree with Christi.....PM them to ask them. When I sign on I don't always look at my gallery. I'll let several days go by and then I'll look and I might have a question from someone or a compliment and I feel bad that I've over looked them.

There might be a handful of folks here that won't share..... icon_sad.gif I don't think there are many though thumbs_up.gif Just ask them through a PM and you will be wonderfully surprised how much help they are very willing to give you icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 13

Sometimes people fail to see or look at the comments made about their cakes in the photo gallery section. Maybe pm the person and ask your questions and they'll respond. I know I've been guilty of that myself and didn't mean to not respond to the person. It was just an oversight on my part.

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:30pm
post #5 of 13

I agree - a lot of times I'll just PM someone for details since it is easier and I won't have to try and find the pic again to see if the decorator answered. The majority of people never hesitate to give details and directions.
If someone asked me I am totally flattered!!! icon_wink.gif

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:36pm
post #6 of 13

It could also be that they may not know to set up their account so they receive e-mails when a comment is made. Or, they may no longer be a CC member (surely not though icon_biggrin.gif ).

I use to post the answers to the questions in gallery. But I've learned from my own experience of asking questions on other people's pics that since I comment on lots and lots of pics, I don't always know which photos I've asked questions about. Therefore I don't get the answers to my questions.

So, now I do one of two things to help the questionee:

1. When someone asks me a question about a pic of mine, I go ahead and leave a comment in the gallery and then I also PM that person so I know he/she will get the answer to their question.

2. Or I just say in the gallery that I'll PM them that way others know I am responding to their question and the "questionee" gets their answer. thumbs_up.gif

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 13

Depending on how many cakes a person has, they might have turned off the "notify me, when someone leaves me a comment" because they would have too many.

I also suggest PM them and if they do not respond, then they obviously do not want to share. But make sure the message is out of your outbox and into your sent box, that means they have received your message. Maybe they are away, sunning somewhere on a nice needed vacation and Missing CC terrribly!

Good Luck.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 13

Oh, and I just realized that sometimes the cakes have been posted for years, they are just rotating the pics on the homepage...I have made comments on cakes posted years ago and just realized it!! icon_redface.gif But sometimes they do come back and say something. I haven't posted any pics yet so I don't really know how that part works. This is a good question to ask, though!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:48pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateaux

Depending on how many cakes a person has, they might have turned off the "notify me, when someone leaves me a comment" because they would have too many.

I also suggest PM them and if they do not respond, then they obviously do not want to share. But make sure the message is out of your outbox and into your sent box, that means they have received your message. Maybe they are away, sunning somewhere on a nice needed vacation and Missing CC terrribly!

Good Luck.

These would be very, sad, sad people, and they should be helped. icon_smile.gif Hopefully they can find their way back here........ (a moment of silence, please.) icon_smile.gif HOW could they LEAVE CC???!!?!?!?!

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:52pm
post #10 of 13

also, is good to ask for specific questions instead of instructions on the whole cake. I've been ask for instructions on very elaborated cakes, a it would take me too long to write, but if you ask for details is easier to answer.

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:41pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateaux

But make sure the message is out of your outbox and into your sent box, that means they have received your message.

Thanks ~ I always wondered what the difference was icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif .

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:54pm
post #12 of 13

PM is the way to go. I don't always get to look at my comments all the time, but I do see a pm. Sometimes it takes awhile to answer.

Tolinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tolinda Posted 25 May 2007 , 10:02pm
post #13 of 13

the only thing i could think of is either they haven't read their comments or when someone asks them a question, that person probably pm'd them with the anwser because most of the time if i had asked a question, i would forget to go back to that picture to check if he/she replied. i haven't been asked alot of questions but when i am asked, i'll pm them the answer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%