Where Can I Get Cheap Cake Decorating Supplies?

Decorating By mom2kay Updated 25 May 2007 , 6:24pm by Antylucifer

mom2kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2kay Posted 23 May 2007 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 16

i live in md any one know of a cheap place either online or a store where i can get cake decorating supplies

15 replies
Yetts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yetts Posted 23 May 2007 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 16

I have found alot of them on EBAY. Everything from cake decorating supplies to cake pans.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 23 May 2007 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 16

CC is the best place to get luster dusts. And while your at it throw in some americolor! CC's dust come in little containers like lipgloss so they don't flip everywhere!

My mom just sent me 19 different colors! Thanks Mom and thanks CC! icon_lol.gif I can't wait to use them!!

mom2kay Posted 23 May 2007 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 16

but what is ameri color im still learning about everything to do with cake decorating. like what type of airbrush do i need or can i use any?

marthajo1 Posted 23 May 2007 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 16

Americolor is way better than wilton color if for no other reason than it comes in a handy little squeezy bottle so you can get rid of toothpicks with color paste on it!

Here is a link to a thread talking about a cheap semi-disposable airbrush from home depot:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-260883.html

ColorBoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColorBoy Posted 23 May 2007 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 16

AmeriColor is superior in colorstrength and in formulation and the best part is replacement for out of stock product shipped TODAYicon_smile.gif

marthajo1 Posted 23 May 2007 , 11:20pm
post #7 of 16

Colorboy-- I didn't understand the last part of what you said?

heavenlyfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlyfire Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:59am
post #8 of 16

I keep my eye out on craigslist as well - picking up a great stand for $12 today that was $30 at Michael's

melissafletcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissafletcher Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:08am
post #9 of 16

I ordered on line a 200 pc. set from Betty Crocker for $20.00. I am waiting for it to come. www.decoratorkit.com We will see how it is when it comes. I will let everyone know when I get it.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 May 2007 , 2:14am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

Colorboy-- I didn't understand the last part of what you said?

I believe he is talking about Cake Central. They are out of a few colors so he is saying that Americolor shipped the colors to CakeCentral today so they should be back in stock soon. (Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is how I understood it)

marthajo1 Posted 24 May 2007 , 5:46am
post #11 of 16

Thank you Leily! I need to get some more color. I bought the hard colors (red, black, navy) last time now I want pink! I can never get the shade I want with wilton!

ColorBoy Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:05pm
post #12 of 16

Yes you are right thumbs_up.gif Cake Central will have new stock of every color very shortly icon_smile.gif

Word to the wise "IT WILL SELL FAST" icon_eek.gif and its no wonder its an excellent procut icon_smile.gif and CakeCentral.com has the absolute best prices available. icon_biggrin.gif

ColorBoy Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:16pm
post #13 of 16

What is a procut? Should be Product icon_redface.gif Guess I should preview before sending icon_lol.gif

AmeriColor has hundreds of years of combined experience in the color industry king.gif and we are exclusively available for cake central customers having trouble or questions using AmeriColor products. icon_cool.gif

Thank you for using our products and thankyou Cake Central for being so cool thumbs_up.gif

Bekah66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekah66 Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:27pm
post #14 of 16

I just ordered to 12 packs americolor from Earlen's cakes and received them in 3 days, good price too.

mom2kay Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:50pm
post #15 of 16

address for Earlen's cakes

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 25 May 2007 , 6:24pm
post #16 of 16

I've had good luck at thrift stores, and Salvation Army. I got the tip here and just bought 9 pans for $8.00, & a brand new desert decorator pro for $2.50. Ebay is also a great place, but be carefull about shipping charges.

Dollar stores are great, but be creative when you go, there are tons for so many things. Generic dolls for doll cakes, rubber bands for icing bags, Loads of containers, the toy/tool areas have some handy stuff-I got some kind of dinky tool set to smooth tiny areas of cakes, table cloths & heavy duty gift bags for cake boards, cheap frosting & cakes for practice, some found Wilton Year books there, cookie cutters, stencils, just check out all the isles and you'll be surprized at how much you come up with.

JoAnn Fabrics can end up being a huge bargain-I qualified for free shipping status so now any order over $10.00 is free shipping. Also, they email coupons, and notify me of special online sales. Today they sent me a 50% off coupon, and I still have a 40%, so I'll end up saving some money this weekend..

I just keep my eyes open no matter where I am now, you just never know when something will strike you as "I can use that for......"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%