Sugar Flower Stamens

Sugar Work By illinikayaker Updated 28 Jun 2006 , 4:07am by BlakesCakes

illinikayaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illinikayaker Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:47am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know where can I find (cheaply) artificial stamens for making sugar flowers? Thanks!

2 replies
slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:53am
post #2 of 3

I don't have an idea where to get them cheap but will give a hint how to make some..take chewing gum cut in thin strips..freeze...insert into cake and then make small dots on top..out of icing... Just an idea incase you can't find them...these are at least edible if someone wants to do so. and probably alot cheaper besides.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 4:07am
post #3 of 3

If you want stamens for pulled sugar flowers, you'd probably just want to pull a bit of sugar to the desired shape, length, etc. and then glue them in with more melted sugar. I've never seen anyone put artificial stamens into pulled sugar and I don't think it would look quite right to do so--just my .02

If you are looking for stamens for sugarpaste/gum paste flowers, Wilton has just come out with a 3 style multi-pack that is really nice. I think it runs $2.99 and must have at least 60-90 stamens in it. They are all white, but you could airbrush or petal/luster dust them for variation. The shapes are very nice.

I've ordered some exotic stamens from various e-bay sellers, too. And, I think but I'm not certain, that Nicholas Lodge offers a variety on his website: internationalsugarart.com

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%