Feedback On Business Name And Logo, Please.

Business By jewelykaye Updated 24 May 2007 , 12:32am by momsandraven

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 18

Name: Inspired Beginnings
Logo: www.inspiredbeginnings.com

I know the name does not say cakes. We are going for a "every event has a beginning, let us inspire yours" type feel. (If that even makes sense.) Example: A wedding is the beginning to a new life together, a birthday is the beginning of a new year of life, etc.

Please let me know what you think about the name and the logo.

The logo is a butterfly with the initials IB (Inspired Beginnings) in it. Again, I know this doesn't have any cakes on it but I think it's pretty and I'm a little bias b/c I LOVE butterflies. icon_smile.gif

Thank you for any input you may have!

17 replies
meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 18

I think the logo and business name are good. My only concern is the font you are using. It is a little hard to read. Using a script may work well if it is a little more clear.
I think the butterfly will work really well in your marketing. Butterflies should be easy to slip into a lot of applications.

HTH-
meg

SusieQ1083 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieQ1083 Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 18

I really like how you incorporated the i and b from inspired beginnings into your butterfly! Very creative. I also like the name of your company!

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 18

Very cool, great concept. Love the butterfly with the letters.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 18

I love the butterfly and your name. Good luck with your new business.

I'm beginning to work on my business plan for my catering business. I plan on adding cakes later when my skills are where they need to be. I am having a hard time coming up with a name. I've deciding naming a business is just a hard thing to do. LOL

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 18

I think your logog and company name are wonderful and I like the thought process behind it

afolk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afolk Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 18

I think it's great! Best of luck with your business!!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 18

Awwwwww I think that looks really cute. I like it !!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:07pm
post #9 of 18

i like it.. I agree about the font choice for the name..

PS. the baker sam godfrey ( has made cakes for oprah) has a bakery called perfect endings.. love that type of name stuff

pb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pb Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #10 of 18

Love the butterfly logo, really great idea.

Also like the 'ribbon'effect and colours underneath.

Good luck

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:09pm
post #11 of 18

I love your business name and logo!

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 18

Congrats on choosing a name!!! it is hard!! I have finally decided on one and waiting to get licensed to use it. LOL

Logos are also hard... love yours.

Love the thought process behind your name. I do agree with the font comment... the name doesn't jump out at you immediately.. you have to really stare at it for a second or two to know what it says..if that makes any sense to you.

Maybe a tag line or something that references cakes to pull it all together.

Good luck in your business venture!!! you're off to a wonderful start!

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:15pm
post #13 of 18

I love your logo...looks great...very original, not cookie-cutter. If you are concerned about it not saying cakes maybe you could have the butterfly landed on top of a cake or cupcake...or just add something to the name. Under my logo it says: for all your custom baking needs - that way at least people know what kind of company it is.

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:16pm
post #14 of 18

I love your logo...looks great...very original, not cookie-cutter. If you are concerned about it not saying cakes maybe you could have the butterfly landed on top of a cake or cupcake...or just add something to the name. Under my logo it says: for all your custom baking needs - that way at least people know what kind of company it is.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:17pm
post #15 of 18

Love..Love the butterfly. I have a suggestion. You could put the butterfly logo on top of a cake or an abstract cake?

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #16 of 18

Wonderful suggestions! I would've never thought about the issue with the font. icon_smile.gif

Okay, so here's another little question to lace in here.

I'm trying to figure out a tagline. I want my business to have a creative homestyle feel. Like you are going to the local mom and pop store with the friendly relaxed atmosphere. So.... here's what I have but I don't like either one:

Everything has a beginning, let our confections inspire yours

or

Homestyle baking, professionally decorated

Honestly, I have to say this is not fair! I did not sign up to be a slogan maker just a cake decorater!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 23 May 2007 , 11:19pm
post #17 of 18

Really neat logo! I love the way the butterfly incorporates the I and B....I'm not sure about the font for your name.....almost looks archaeic....like back in the "DOS" days of computers? I think something more elegant and scriptish would look fab!

I also love the suggestion of having the butterfly look like it's landing on a confection!

Very clever! Congrats!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:32am
post #18 of 18

How about:

* Our great cakes are only the beginning...
* Be inspired by our sweet creations.
* Start something new on a sweet note with cake from Inspired Beginnings

I have to tell you that my business name is Costa Confections, and it has taken a while to educate people that I do not make or sell candy. Just something to keep in mind with the word 'confections' that I wished I had thought of earlier.

BTW, love the name & logo. Having the butterfly on a cupcake or cake would definitely improve your business recognition.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%