Course 3 Final Cakes??

Decorating By chixbaby27 Updated 28 May 2005 , 1:47pm by sgirvan

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 23 May 2005 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have my final Course 3 class on WEdnesday and I have to be ready to complete my final cake. I don't want to do the same cake that everyone does at the end of that class (the white one with the pink roses)...I want something "different"...I was thinking of a light pink fondant and some kind of white flowers, but I'm not sure.

Do you have a pic of your final cake?? Or an idea to share with me??

TIA!

5 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 May 2005 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 6

Mine is in my photos... it's the one w/the violet/purple tulips.. our instructor's only rules was the cake "had" to be tiered .. we could do whatever else we wanted to do to the cake ... I made the tulips out of gumpaste and the leaves on this cake also icon_smile.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 6

I don't have any pics, 'cause I hated my final cake, lol, it was different than the one they do now anyway. I was the only one in my classes who did not make a white cake every time! For one cake I did yellow with darker yellow roses, another time I did light blue with white roses and swiss dots... I love the look of white flowers on a colored cake.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 6

Our instructor gave us free reign as to what we could do. I decided to do a tiered cake because I thought it might be harder to do and would've liked some instruction in case I did something wrong. It came out pretty good in the end. Used up many of the fondant flowers that we made during the course.
LL

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 27 May 2005 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 6

Now that's one beautiful cake! You definitely did better in your courses than did I, LOL! icon_lol.gif

I ended up having to miss my final class, cause I had to attend a funeral. But since I had already made the cakes, I followed the directions in the book for a tiered cake and put it together last night, with some royal roses I made the other night. Then, since I had already put so much time into it, I made another batch of butter cream for a border and leaves.

I did the tiers light pink, with white and white/pink striped roses. If I did it over again, I would've used white tiers, but it still looks good. I am so proud of myself!

My computer is down at home, but I took some pics w/a disposable camera and hope to be able to upload some soon.

Sometimes I'm still amazed that I can do this! I'm nowhere near the league of most of you here, but this is the first artistic ANYTHING I've ever been able to do.

icon_smile.gif

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 28 May 2005 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 6

We too had free range as long as it was stacked / tiered in some way. I covered mine in MM fondant and used the flowers we made during the class, nothing too special.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%