Icing The Cookies

Baking By Samsgranny Updated 27 Jun 2006 , 9:40pm by manatee19

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 3

Yes, I am here in this heat baking my cookies for the Father's Day challenge! Thought I'd split the recipe and make some 4th of July cookies while I am at it. My question is what do you use to ice your cookies with? If you use a squeeze tip bottle, will any do? Please advise this newbie. TIA

2 replies
Laurieloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurieloo Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 3

well i'm still new at this but i used tiny spoons to ice my cookies and it worked great. Then I used featherweight bags w/ tips to do some decorative work on top of the base color

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 3

I've used bottles, parchment bags, feather bags and even applied the icing with a knife.

I like the control of the parchment bags with tips-BEWARE- if your icing is too thin, it will leak thru between the tip and the bag.

I love the bottles, I use them if I'm doing a lot. My hand gets sore quicker with the bottles. I use ones I bought from a local craft store. They are used for puff paint. But the tips aren't smooth.

Knife method: This is what I do, I it differs per person....Make your outline let it dry for 20 mintues or so, then thin icing to flow/run and with a spatula spread the icing around. Your motion is going from the inside of the cookies to the outline. I don't recommend this method for soild colored backgrounds. You can see the line where the outline meets the flood icing. I only use this when I do white cookies.

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%